Derby day ticket criteria

Got one two days before it sold out last season, just managed to get one on the last day this season ????

And next year you are likely to miss out as tickets allocated via points are eroded further.

Bring back Kevin White.

15,000 points last season, 17,000 this.

Hard to imagine all those people have gone up by 2000 points in a season

Not really.

2015-16 I increased 2200 points (54 out of 59 games).
2016-17 I increased 2180 points (53 out of 56 games).

So I'd say a 2000 point increase is easily doable, and not untypical.

That being said it's definitely harder to get tickets this year and I'm pretty sure it's the corporate effect.
I'm still fuming about missing out on Huddersfield and I'm surprised I got one for the swamp.

Not really.

2015-16 I increased 2200 points (54 out of 59 games).
2016-17 I increased 2180 points (53 out of 56 games).

So I'd say a 2000 point increase is easily doable, and not untypical.

That being said it's definitely harder to get tickets this year and I'm pretty sure it's the corporate effect.
I'm still fuming about missing out on Huddersfield and I'm surprised I got one for the swamp.

It no doubt is as you have stated. But you had the points to get 54 / 59 games ect. What about those that dont? Rich get richer. Look i am a fan of the points system

Me, my dad and brother are all on just shy of 17k points and missed out on the derby. No surprise there as we miss out on the derby every year, meaning every year we have to spend stupid money buying a ticket off some nob head making a drink out of us.

We've no problem missing out to people who have more points than us - thats just the way it goes. Our issue is that there is this 'children's allowance' policy which basically means that if the dad has enough loyalty points to get a ticket, then he can take his son/daughter, who is unlikely to have accumulated any loyalty points whatsoever because they are too young to have done so. As mentioned, we all have just shy of 17k loyalty points.

Supporters services won't tell us exactly how many tickets are allocated under this 'children's allowance' scheme/policy. I would assume from the fact that they are refusing to tell us that it is a hell of a lot because they know people are going to say "why the fuck are X amount of kids with no loyalty points getting a ticket over me when i have been going up and down the country and abroad for X amount of years".

Again, I have no problem losing out to someone with more points than us, but when god knows how many kids are getting tickets over and above me (who will be going to swansea away on a midweek and getting back at 2am and Palace on New Years fucking Eve) then something is seriously wrong. Obviously we have aired this frustration with the supporter services team; to say they couldn't give two fucks is an understatement. We also missed out on Huddersfield away for the exact same reason. To add insult to injury, the supporter services twitter feed then puts a tweet out this morning saying that tickets are on sale to supporters with 16.5k loyalty points, only to delete it because they realised they have sold out already. These guys don't know their arse from their elbows.

Greater transparency is needed from supporter services and this children's allowance policy needs removing altogether. Nothing will be done though! Anyway, the hunt for tickets for Huddersfield and Old Trafford is on.

It no doubt is as you have stated. But you had the points to get 54 / 59 games ect. What about those that dont? Rich get richer. Look i am a fan of the points system

That's my only reservation about the points system as it stands.

In the interests of fairness I'd look at a 5 year rolling period.
So this year the points from 2012-13 onward would be valid but points before that would drop off.
I still think the people right at the front would be where they are but it would give other people (youngsters, people who had to take a break because they had kids, etc.) a chance of catching up.

General point, (not aimed at you mancitymick) Swansea away is still on open sale.
I'm pretty sure that 99% of people on 17K+ will already have their ticket for this one.

General point, (not aimed at you mancitymick) Swansea away is still on open sale.
I'm pretty sure that 99% of people on 17K+ will already have their ticket for this one.
Even if they don't go, which is what's wrong with the points system. Having said that I know many will go and good luck to them but not everyone is going to be able to manage a midweek game at Swansea. The only times I've done midweek away games is when I've not been working (I freelance so if I've just finished a contract then I'll be able to do something like a midweek away) or if I've been working where or near to where we're playing (e.g. London).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.