Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the distinct impression that some media sources are building us up, (ie invincible, best football the Premier League has ever seen) just so they can go to town on us if we lose a couple of games. In recent weeks in terms of coverage of our scintillating football it's near choked so8me quarters of the media and although they have had no choice but to praise us you can see them all champing at the bit waiting for us to have a blip so they can jump on the City bashing bandwagon. You only have to look at the back pages today to see the out pouring of rag hysteria because they beat a shit Newcastle side, it's absolutely laughable. I really hope that come derby day Pep has them well and truly revved up and sends them out with a clear message to show no mercy. For us to shut them and the media up this season once and for all we need to give them the hiding of a lifetime and make sure come Christmas we are that far in front they'll need a telescope. I dread to think what it will be like if they do a park the bus job on us and nick a win. The media will explode with an endless cliche of headlines, followed by a request that it be celebrated by way of a public holiday and weeks of hearing about the tactical genius of Moaninho. For the love of God Pep don't let this happen, put the team of arrogant wankers and the 650 million cretins out of their misery once and for all.
i have to admit, this gave me a chuckle , like the idea of a public holiday if the twunts do manage to fluke a win

Just had promotional email from BT Sport for this weeks European matches.....have a guess which teams match doesn't get a mention?
FFS even Juve and Barca was bigged up!

As I posted previously I recall Tueart being kicked all the game by Potter but I'm certainly not trying to defend him or condone what he did.

I'm sure Duncan Ferguson got sent down for 3 months for a similar act during a game so the police can act if they consider it a serious assault.
Yes DT was getting kicked from pillar to post and I do remember the DF incident.I do think he was very fortunate as if my memory serves me correctly he didn`t receive any further punishment than the standard ? games ban in those days.

As I said earlier DT was full of remorse and he knew he had done wrong so why the fuck do some people try and defend his actions.
At least he admitted to the error of his ways,but once again some City fans hate the thought that no wrongs become of any City Players.
Come on Blues try and be fair and admit we have and have had players who have committed some serious fouls over the years.By the same token I have been at games where players like George Best (Glyn Pardoe) and Martin Buchan (Colin Bell) and Alfie H. (Twat faced Irish Cnut) to name but a few who have seriously damaged and ended some great City careers.
DT was very fortunate to have escaped a more than serious assault, but he wont be the first or last.However players do need to be charged for serious tackles and assaults.
I once saw Trevor Francis refuse to shake hands with a Northampton defender who tried to launch him over the Platt Lane stand. Sky and BT would scream for a life ban these days.

Yes DT was getting kicked from pillar to post and I do remember the DF incident.I do think he was very fortunate as if my memory serves me correctly he didn`t receive any further punishment than the standard ? games ban in those days.

I always thought he got a 6 week ban but after a google it seems he served a 3 game ban.
Still one of our finest players to have worn the Blue shirt.

Far from us going under the radar, I think parts of the media (and some neutrals on other forums, if you take a trawl around – there's even a little bit of a debate going on about how good we are on RAWK, which I have generally found to be the most embittered, ungenerous forum during the last decade, bar none) are going over the top with the fulsomeness of their praise, and I confess it's making me nervous. It's ok if some of us say that we're going to be the new invincibles (I'm not, personally, and I genuinely couldn't give much of a toss if we go unbeaten, so long as there's silverware at the end of the line). I don't much want other people predicting it. I don't really think that anyone can reasonably say we're not getting the praise we deserve. There was a brief attempt at backsliding, which gave me a laugh, along the lines of "Oooh, they're starting to concede goals, might be the sign of wavering!". Then we got the clean sheet at Leicester, so that nipped that one in the bud.

Amazing considering it's dunphy, never thought he had a white flag in him.

Dunphy talks some shite at times, but it's his own shite. By and large, he talks quite a lot of sense. Well worth reading, his book "Only A Game?". Probably the closest fly-on-the-wall account of an ordinary footballer's life in a fairly unimpressive club going nowhere in particular (i.e. the lot of about 90% of all professional footballers) that you'll ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.