Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

Kid, chill out, you're on an Internet forum, it's not real and apart from ric and Bill, for fear of repurcussion, no one in their right mind would put their real name on here, love doots, south stand 116 x

Kid.. always get that shite. Ok Doots kid.. I love the fear of repurcussion shite. I guess you were there tonight so you saw the shambles support for your self. See you in the South Stand. Regards, Raab.

Aye, Great Grandad played for City and my Uncle is the go too City supporting vicar who leads the minutes silence for the club remembrance weekend. Myself, just follow City home and away all my life, go to the game regardless of the trophy at stake or the importance of the match. Again I like how the casuals with keyboards lord over actual match going fans on bluemoon.

Your uncle shouldn't be the person to go to for leading the minute's silence as he isn't the vicar for the local area, but he's a season ticket holder and gets the gig. It's also not something that makes you a better fan.

Weird.

It had the feeling of an end of season dead rubber match. We won the game & the group & that's what matters.

I noticed Sterling doing a little David Silva-like pirouette a couple of times. It looks like he's being heavily influenced by the master which bodes well.

Hopefully Silva will have another 2-3 years at the top with us, so Sterling can learn the full repertoire of moves...

Your uncle shouldn't be the person to go to for leading the minute's silence as he isn't the vicar for the local area, but he's a season ticket holder and gets the gig. It's also not something that makes you a better fan.

Weird.

Thats right jump to the aide of the other guy who was being a cock. Thanks Donnie.

Did enough.

I think tonight we have seen how critical Raheem and Leroy are to this team.

I really like Bernado, he's a class player. I also feel sorry for him. Don't think we are seeing the best of him on the right hand side. Not only does he have the same surname as Spanish Dave, he also has the same skill set and that is where we will get the most from him, centrally.

This ... we’ll see the best when he plays in place of Merlin.

Personal opinion here, but I think Pep got the personnel of the starting team messed up, which is why some players just looked out of place:

The Kevin-Gundogan midfield pair was imo a bad idea (I think he did this against Wolves too which was also not great imo), the reason David-Kevin works is because David plays a little higher and plays as the dribbler, short passer, or magician (more of a CAM, think Iniesta) if you will while Kevin plays a little deeper to orchestrate the play (more of a CM, think Xavi). This pairing is better than a David-David or Kevin-Kevin combo because they complement each others strengths and weaknesses. Gundogan is a similar player to Kevin, hence the midfield pairing was like Kevin-Kevin which wasn't perfectly balanced.

The solution is to rest Kevin (which he needs) and play Bernardo-Gundogan as the midfield pair which would mimic David-Kevin. This also puts Bernardo in a much better spot because as most ppl saw he was quite ineffective as a RW, but after substitutions he played centrally and was immediately better suited to the role.

I think Pep knows Bernardo is better centrally, but is playing him out wide because Sane-Sterling are the only options, while the midfield already has 3 players, Bernardo out wide means we have 3 wingers and 3 midfielders. I think Diaz should play out wide though, he's young enough that he isn't drilled to play purely LW or RW and can slot in as both, and he is far more comfortable beating his man than bernardo and has shown excellent finishing ability (which Bernardo hasn't). Diaz is the answer to Pep's winger problems, the sooner he realizes the better, I don't want to wait next season for him to figure this out, like alot of people said about Delph as a LB (or playing Sterling more centrally) last season, Pep, use Diaz as your winger, not Bernardo.

Last edited:
Judging from some of the comments in the last few pages... are the auditions for "The Biggest and Best Blue" still open?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.