Feyenoord (H) Post-Match Thread

Deliberately getting yourself booked to incur a suspension is one thing, doing so by conceding a direct free kick on the edge of our box when the scores are level is another altogether!

Asked whether De Bruyne had, in the vernacular, cleaned up the yellow with a barge on Feyenoord’s excellent captain Steven Berghuis, Guardiola simply said that if he had done he would have hoped the Belgian had done so further from goal. “It was a clear yellow card,” he said. “I would have preferred he made a foul away from goal, not [near] the box.”

Fuck me, I'm glad i was there & not reading the match thread.

Some proper whining ****s on here.

We still played phases of better football than pretty much anynone else can, in a game we really didn't have to win (the chances of playing a 'top' side are just the same this year whether we finish 1st or 2nd)in the middle of two away games v high energy teams & played against a team of boring ****s who did their best to destroy the game as a spectacle, for no good reason.

Had the finishing been better, this would have been 3,4,5,6 just the same as the other games. No it wasn't a great game & hardly surprising.

The only disappointment for me is that we didn't get an early goal as I think Foden & Diaz might have done some damage in that game, had they been able to get on earlier. Not sure Shakhtar, with a makeshift team, will be an easy place to make an impression.

Also, it's not a bad idea to get beat there, as I recon Napoli are one of the sides I'd least like to play in a semi or final.

Sorry lad it was a joke. Just speaking for myself pointing out a frustration is fine but you have to accept you will get some comeback. Sometimes people make a point which people disagree with and then they moan their opinion isn't allowed. It is allowed, an opinion was offered, people responded to it.

I suspect you know nothing about my life, what I can or cannot afford, what responsibilities I have outside of supporting City etc. I suspect you also know little about the other people who didn't go. So maybe coming on and slagging us all off and playing the biggest blue game isn't the best way to start a discussion on why some of us didn't go. If people find a position ridiculous they will often respond with ridicule. If people feel they're being attacked they will often respond in negative ways.

I apologise for joining in with the insults but I will not apologise for not being less of a blue. If you're in a position where you can go home and away and watch this spectacular team performing live then you are blessed.

Fair play.
I wasn’t trying to get into oneupsmanship over shades of blue.
However my frustration was not a wild fantasy the ground felt sparse and the non Feyenoord atmosphere genuinely was very poor last night.
Again this is not a blue vs blue contest but for me which may sound like I am a sad act but last night I got to watch Phil Foden make his home debut (the loudest home cheer of the night) it was momentous. Quote me in 10 years maybe (haha) but those old guard who were there at Newcastle in 68 etc they wouldn't trade that memory or that cash spent getting there for anything. We as blues pretty much knew that Foden and to a lesser extent Diaz were going to get minutes last night and isnt that what we want for our club?
Sure the prices at City are sometimes unjustifiable maybe last night was a statement from fans, lower the price or stuff your Champions League. I don’t know.

if you watched last night as a one off you would of thought this city team dominated the match and played well ,watching as part of the season it was a little disappointing ,shows how far weve come and how good we really are,exciting times.

Fair play.
I wasn’t trying to get into oneupsmanship over shades of blue.
However my frustration was not a wild fantasy the ground felt sparse and the non Feyenoord atmosphere genuinely was very poor last night.
Again this is not a blue vs blue contest but for me which may sound like I am a sad act but last night I got to watch Phil Foden make his home debut (the loudest home cheer of the night) it was momentous. Quote me in 10 years maybe (haha) but those old guard who were there at Newcastle in 68 etc they wouldn't trade that memory or that cash spent getting there for anything. We as blues pretty much knew that Foden and to a lesser extent Diaz were going to get minutes last night and isnt that what we want for our club?
Sure the prices at City are sometimes unjustifiable maybe last night was a statement from fans, lower the price or stuff your Champions League. I don’t know.

There's no need to be so dramatic about it. It was more or less a dead rubber midweek game on the telly featuring lots of reserve players. It was never going to be a massive crowd. Who gives a shit?

if you watched last night as a one off you would of thought this city team dominated the match and played well ,watching as part of the season it was a little disappointing ,shows how far weve come and how good we really are,exciting times.

It was better than about 95% of our european performances since europe was invented except Pep's.

Fuck me, I'm glad i was there & not reading the match thread.

Some proper whining ****s on here.

We still played phases of better football than pretty much anynone else can, in a game we really didn't have to win (the chances of playing a 'top' side are just the same this year whether we finish 1st or 2nd)in the middle of two away games v high energy teams & played against a team of boring ****s who did their best to destroy the game as a spectacle, for no good reason.

Had the finishing been better, this would have been 3,4,5,6 just the same as the other games. No it wasn't a great game & hardly surprising.

The only disappointment for me is that we didn't get an early goal as I think Foden & Diaz might have done some damage in that game, had they been able to get on earlier. Not sure Shakhtar, with a makeshift team, will be an easy place to make an impression.

Also, it's not a bad idea to get beat there, as I recon Napoli are one of the sides I'd least like to play in a semi or final.
Got to agree with you mate a proper profesional performance.

There's no need to be so dramatic about it. It was more or less a dead rubber midweek game on the telly featuring lots of reserve players. It was never going to be a massive crowd. Who gives a shit?

Seems the club don't give a shit either or they simply have no idea about our current match going fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.