City v Southampton pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see us get back to rattling a few in, to get the forwards confidence up again (getting wasteful in the last few games). Early goal is the key, score in first 15, and we can go on to get 5 or 6. As near as full strength as possible tonight and Sunday please, as we could move another 4 points ahead of the vermin (I think they'll draw both games)
We arent playing tonight mind

If we win this game then we've gone a year unbeaten at home before we play West Ham on Sunday.

25 games so far (Southampton is 26), P25 W19 D6 L0 F63 A19

Last edited:
If we win this game then we've gone a year unbeaten at home before we play West Ham on Sunday.

25 games so far (Southampton is 26), P25 W19 D6 L0 F63 A19
Impressive.

OT alert (sorry)...

I have to say though, Mourinho's 9 years unbeaten at home was something else. P150, W125, D25, L0.

Those 150 games were against a staggering 107 different coaches!

The teams we play have same thoughts, no matter what level each team is at. Soton played Sunday like us, they have a game on Sunday against Bournemouth which i assume they will think more winnable than us. Same with West Ham, Everton tomorrow us Sunday, so we all have 3 games in a week and they don't have the same depth in quality squad wise.

I get the bigger picture but if we get 6 points out of next 2 home games and the others drop more points, the bigger games don't seem as crucial if we don't win and in fact pit more pressure on the other teams to win.

Newtoncc I agree with what you say as long as we can pick up 6 points from the next 2 home games and hop that the rags will drop some points over the next 2 games. Then hopefully we can go into the derby on the 10th December with an 10/11pts gap. It will hopefully force them to change their tactics and stop being so defensive and make them play to win the game.

But 1st we have to win the game against Soton. Pep will make some changes, can't see Vinny playing 2 games in such a short space of time. Leaving vinny free for the game at home to WHU.

Newtoncc I agree with what you say as long as we can pick up 6 points from the next 2 home games and hop that the rags will drop some points over the next 2 games. Then hopefully we can go into the derby on the 10th December with an 10/11pts gap. It will hopefully force them to change their tactics and stop being so defensive and make them play to win the game.

But 1st we have to win the game against Soton. Pep will make some changes, can't see Vinny playing 2 games in such a short space of time. Leaving vinny free for the game at home to WHU.

Think Vinny might get 60/70 mins again and same Sunday.

I think Mourinho will play an attacking lineup against us. Everyone predicts the bus and counter but I think he will go toe to toe and stick Martial and Rashford wide to exploit space and attack our full backs.

It is the sort of thing he tries from time to time but if we keep the ball and control the game it will not have much success. He will have to beat us and he knows parking the bus is likely to get a draw.

If we win our next three then we will have pretty much sewn up the league and can afford to drop points here and there. Our squad can cope with the tough fixtures and CL in the new year better than most so we are likely to still do better than other teams in that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.