The Pink!

i used to deliver the pink as a paperboy you got £1.50 instead of the normal £1 for doing it, usually have guys stood at their door asking where the fuck you been haha remember it not turning up until about 8pm one time there was nearly a riot outside the papershop!

I used to deliver them around edge lane Droylsden, made more money in an hour than a paperboy delivering all week, always sold out when we won

I used to print it
Evening News would stop printing about 3:45
clean the presses, load the pink paper reels then make a quick bee line to the Vic, throw down as much beer as you could in 1 hour, then start printing just after 5
Oh happy days!!

I used to print it
Evening News would stop printing about 3:45
clean the presses, load the pink paper reels then make a quick bee line to the Vic, throw down as much beer as you could in 1 hour, then start printing just after 5
Oh happy days!!

So the newspaper shop riots were because you wanted to get pissed? Why don't you keep it to yourself?

Did they have mobile print vans that were parked outside the grounds and printed the pink there and then? Or am I dreaming?
No, it was mostly pre printed in the morning, if you compare one printed at Deansgate, and the other outside the ground no match reports just full time scores and tables

So they just printed the outside page and added it to preprinted middle section. Now i remember why my dad always got 2 pinks. One from the ground and one from the shop when he got home. Thanks

Also they used to sometimes get the scores wrong as they would rush to set the type
So sometimes get the Pink outside the North Stand. Buy one an hour later from the newsagents for the reports and you’d find all these wrong scores!!
Still, they were great times

Everything seemed a lot simpler then.

Occasionally picked up near the old ticket office at Maine Rd when at home but more regularly from Mrs Kelly's newsagents in Ashton.

As a slight aside I was surprised when with my parents in Blackpool that they had a green rather than a pink.....the things that stick in your mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.