Strategy for second half of the season

I'd love to see us win the domestic treble (a quad would also be nice), something that hasn't been achieved in English football, yet.

I personally rest individual players now rather than rotating teams. 2 weeks holiday for Silva now, let Gundogan fill in. Then KDB, then Sane, then Raheem etc, until March. Focus on the next game with an eye on the one after like we've been doing.
no-one is getting holidays,they will get rested for a game with rotation,dave has family probs which is why he has been away
pep will handle things ok,the cup being the same b team i would think,the fa cup maybe a bit stronger team,getting past basal should be ok
taking one game at a time for the players,keep their minds from wandering too far ahead
things look good

My plan is.....................

Win every thing going and shove it up the manure/pool/spurs loving medias arse, I don't think anybody has won the quad in this country before but I believe Barcelona under Pep did win everything going in one season, that would be nice to replicate :)

I've got £10 on the quad at 1000/1, so ye that would be very nice!

Take a crowbar to the "back burner" and rip it away to remove the temptation of putting any competition on it...

Then do our very, very best to win EVERY single match, one after the other, until the end of the season.

Then repeat next season...

JJ

However we probably have our best ever chance in the Champions League given that we have a (hopefully) easy tie in the coming round and the big European teams are maybe not as strong as they once were. If we kept our best players fresh for the CL then we may drop some league points but would have the benefit our giving game time to youngsters which should strengthen us in the long run.
This!

Real are having a dip this year, Atletico too and we know the story with Serie A. Barca and Bayern are looking dangerous again and PSG have to be taken seriously but I still say with the form we are in, this season is the best chance we've ever had to win the CL because we could beat any of them at our best. A CL league win would make a statement and truly elevate the club as an elite force in Europe. Next season could look totally different, teams strengthen, new coaches come in, we should capitalise on this chance.

Last edited:
no-one is getting holidays,they will get rested for a game with rotation,dave has family probs which is why he has been away
pep will handle things ok,the cup being the same b team i would think,the fa cup maybe a bit stronger team,getting past basal should be ok
taking one game at a time for the players,keep their minds from wandering too far ahead
things look good

Oh I know they're not going to. But that's what I would do. Because March to May is where trophies are won (league cup exempt), and if our best players are fresher than the competition, who have had a winter break... See the other European teams in the CL vs us who will have played and extra 10 games on average...

Keep winning until February, then let's just have a laugh for a bit. Ederson up front with 5 other strikers, Jesus in goal.

Oh I know they're not going to. But that's what I would do. Because March to May is where trophies are won (league cup exempt), and if our best players are fresher than the competition, who have had a winter break... See the other European teams in the CL vs us who will have played and extra 10 games on average...
By the time the quarter finals have come around the games played will be roughly the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.