Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has similar pace to David,just no where near his strength.

Actually I should correct my earlier ‘no pace’ comment in favour of saying that he seems to have no change of gear, no burst of acceleration. I think Dave is probably a fraction quicker and definitely more resilient. Lovely clever player, but he’s not made the impact I thought he would so far. Early doors though

Actually I should correct my earlier ‘no pace’ comment in favour of saying that he seems to have no change of gear, no burst of acceleration. I think Dave is probably a fraction quicker and definitely more resilient. Lovely clever player, but he’s not made the impact I thought he would so far. Early doors though
I agree,on watching his performances at Monaco as well as his preseason efforts,i thought we had a player who would hit the ground running and take the Prem by storm.
While it hasnt quite materialised that way,there is no doubting his ability and the obvious fact there is much more to come from Bernard.He's only 23,this season will have taught him,and our coaches,plenty.Although he has plenty of competition,I definitely see his future as a 10.

My only problem with him is his reliance on his left foot. He is soooo one footed so he's unable to go outside of the full back when he's wide right and if he ever does he always cuts back again onto his left to cross it. However his left foot is a wand and he has exceptional ball control. I seem to remember a namesake having those very same attributes. I wonder what became of him...

Nowhere near the level required yet. We looked an infinitely better side with Sterling here. Sure he's not a winger, however that's still a poor performance. Yaya had as much influence and he was on for 10mins and as poor

I thought he looked good when Sterling came on and he was moved more central. They linked up well. He just doesn't cut it out wide because of his lack of pace and lack of a right foot meaning he is always cutting back onto his left.

playing ok but not having the all around influence that david silva/KDB/ferna or sterling has on a game......moments of class but not enough at present

I'd like to see more of Bernardo playing centrally with Sterling off to his right. The interplay between the two was really nice and the constant shifting between positions the two of them can do could definitely cause some problems.

Miles better centrally.

Will never be a winger in this league. Would be a waste.

Thought he was the pick of our attacking players today tbh with some lovely little slide balls down the sides that we just didn't capitalise on. His movement was excellent, constantly offering for the ball and he almost never gives it away. Looked more effective once Sterling came on as it gave him another player making runs to pass to, but even before that I thought he was doing well if unspectacularly.

He's just being forced to be a bit peripheral on that wing and mainly just work hard to make space for De Bruyne and Sane, who unfortunately just didn't do anything with that space today. Should get a change to step up and take more responsibility in the next week or two and hopefully he takes it. Him and Sterling linked up well, if not for Sterling seemingly putting his boots on the wrong feet today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.