Samuel Umtiti

They wanted this deal done in the Summer so whether it is there budget plus the reminder of the Neymar money they can afford this, I don't see a sell to buy scenario.

Their wage bill was 84% of revenue last year and they're about to pay €150m for Coutinho. It's not clear at all they can afford it.

If City are desperate for young left footed CB then why not trigger Laporte's £55m clause? I know he turned us down but he might feel different now. Can't see why Umtiti would leave Barca, they are not exactly struggling are they? As long as they have Messi in their team they have better chance to win the CL than any club basically as well.

City have probably contacted his agent and enquired about his situation and then agent has leaked all this probably to get more cash from Barca.

I imagine his agent contacted us and the other usual suspects and asked if we where interested in paying the release clause and if so what wages etc. would we pay. He then compares that or uses that to see what Barca pay before agreeing a contract with a higher release clause.

It is what agents do and although probably a waste of our time, no need not to do it if as a club you would want this player as ultimately you either get the player if wanted or make Barca use more of their wage structure.

The Laporte deal makes more sense to all parties and is a deal on the face of it that works, but we may harbour doubts over his commitment, ambition after what happened last time. I am aware we had the website up-dated and everything on this deal (similar to Alves this year) and it was a very last minute decision of his to stay.

Their wage bill was 84% of revenue last year and they're about to pay €150m for Coutinho. It's not clear at all they can afford it.

The spainish clubs always find away. I suppose we will see in the coming weeks.

Scary high wage bill %, is that correct as our old friend FFP can't be meet with 16% for all other costs it just would not work.

no way its that high, that would be totally unsustainable. Think the correct figure is 64%, which is still not great, but still sustainable at least.

no way its that high, that would be totally unsustainable. Think the correct figure is 64%, which is still not great, but still sustainable at least.

I think they posted that figure in their accounts mate? Plus adding Messi on to a huge contract as well I think they might have an issue

Not seen this guy play but one thing I want to know is has he got feet like john stones or Mangala that will make a BIG difference.

Wow, they are then operating on very unsustainable level, unless they increase revenues or cut the wage bill.

Also since the article was written they paid Messi a €50mm signing bonus and put him on €30mm a year wages. Oh and by the way, they're renovating the Nou Camp as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.