The FA Cup (4th Rd ) - Cardiff (A)

We don't need a winter break or to lose Christmas games but we do need to play a few less games a season, the League Cup is a totally outdated comp and should be scrapped, would improve things dramatically. Obviously whilst it exists, I want to win it like everything else, but who'd really miss it if it ceased?

agreed

We don't need a winter break or to lose Christmas games but we do need to play a few less games a season, the League Cup is a totally outdated comp and should be scrapped, would improve things dramatically. Obviously whilst it exists, I want to win it like everything else, but who'd really miss it if it ceased?

I would have agreed a month ago, but Bristol City.

. The FA

I would have agreed a month ago, but Bristol City.

Fair point, but they are likely to rest players for their FA Cup game away at Watford so they can go as full strength as possible and although its a great cup run, they would still prioritise trying to get promotion wouldn't you say.

And in answer to mac above - the League cup is not an FA competition, in fact the FA would probably be delighted as it would increase focus on their own cup comp.

OK we're through. So who do we want to draw tomorrow night?
And don't give me any shit about the rags as they'll have their best match day officials available for selection.
First choice would be a lower division team at home, preferably one I've never seen us play at either Maine Road or The Etihad, so that's Fleetwood (if they win their replay), MKD, Newport, Peterborough, Stevenage (if they win their replay) or Yeovil. And I'll add Coventry as I've not seen them at The Etihad.
Or an away game at a ground I've never seen us play at, so that's all the above apart from Peterborough.
But we've not had a domestic cup tie against opponents from below the Championship since Notts County seven seasons ago and I'll be amazed if our luck changes.

It’s been like that for years, the Christmas fixtures are great. The two injuries weren’t caused by fatigued either, so that’s a non-argument.
Stop flogging players on bull shit tours....even mid season now ! And end.
Also bull shit international friendly s need confined to history. Players could stay with club and recover.
F A get our players injured .....for what.
There is a reason gigs had such a long career.........much too long by about 500 games , but....

Notts County away would be good, Fleetwood away would be better but can't see it.

Carlisle away aint bad - ooh Curley Wurley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.