Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watch him, he’s better on the ball than you may think. Under Pep he could become a like-for-like replacement for Vincent. The perfect partner for Stones once Otamendi hits the wrong side of 30.
He is extremely highly rated at Leicester as a ball player, his big frame is deceiving

Made 1 mistake by getting to close to Salah, excellent apart from that. Top defenders make mistakes, did you see John Stones today?
Admittedly he made a mistake on Salah. Up until that point he had a good game. I can remember multiple instances of Vinny slipping up against Suarez and Sterling so no shame there.

If you watch him, he’s better on the ball than you may think. Under Pep he could become a like-for-like replacement for Vincent. The perfect partner for Stones once Otamendi hits the wrong side of 30.
I've watched his last 4 games. He looks like a farm hand with an eye for a sheep. Strong, yes, good in the air, yup, ball winner, yup, positional sense, iffy, passing, average.

Pep could mould him, could, but Stones had more about him, especially in the passing stakes. Stones looks class on the ball, all the time in the world, a sure sign of class. Farmer Giles looks hurried.

Plus 50 million is far too much.

Made 1 mistake by getting to close to Salah, excellent apart from that. Top defenders make mistakes, did you see John Stones today?

Admittedly he made a mistake on Salah. Up until that point he had a good game. I can remember multiple instances of Vinny slipping up against Suarez and Sterling so no shame there.

Perhaps you’re right... just seems to me there are better options available for that kind of cash.

If Mahrez is being sold to Liverpool this would seem very unlikely in the same window!

He would fit our system to a tee

A player who is used to defending deep who didn't strike me as a good defender in the games we had played against Leicester and who would look lost in our side. We are better off in keeping Mangala for the rest of this season than signing the likes of Maguire, Tarkwoski and JFE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.