Coutinho

Its always bizarre to see how Coutinho is underrated in English sites.
Some guy thinks Liverpool will be stronger with Mahrez as a replacement..

When EPL fans make a list of the best players of the league you see dozens of obviously inferior players ahead of Coutinho. The likes of Ericksen, Alli, Mahrez, etc.
Do you guys are watching the player for Liverpool and his nt or you watch him only when City is facing Liverpool?

Why you think none of the top clubs are trying to sign all those "fantastic" EPL players you guys think are better than Coutinho?

There are two guys that are overall better players than Coutinho in the EPL: KDB and Hazard.
Salah, Kane and Aguero can score for fun but they are more in the end of the playing than creating things.

The typical EPL fan can underrate Coutinho as you want, but in the footballer countries people can recognize who are the best players in the pitch.

Just think about that, Barcelona payed a ton of money for a player that some football "Einstein" thinks is inferior to Mahrez...you know whats gonna happen now? You will watch Coutinho in that Barca side, compare him with players over there that you rate highly, and will see the reality, as we can see everytime the Brazil nt with Coutinho in the line up face some top nt.
When you didn't mention David Silva in your list of players as good as, if not better than Countinho I stopped reading. Good post till then - but clearly clueless.

Last edited:
From what I have seen he is nowhere near as intelligent as Iniesta, also the work rate and desire of Iniesta was incredible and made him truly a joy to watch. Can Coutinho become me this type of player? Remains to be seen.

When EPL fans make a list of the best players of the league you see dozens of obviously inferior players ahead of Coutinho. The likes of Ericksen, Alli, Mahrez, etc.
Do you guys are watching the player for Liverpool and his nt or you watch him only when City is facing Liverpool?

Why you think none of the top clubs are trying to sign all those "fantastic" EPL players you guys think are better than Coutinho?

There are two guys that are overall better players than Coutinho in the EPL: KDB and Hazard.
Salah, Kane and Aguero can score for fun but they are more in the end of the playing than creating things.

The typical EPL fan can underrate Coutinho as you want, but in the footballer countries people can recognize who are the best players in the pitch.

Just think about that, Barcelona payed a ton of money for a player that some football "Einstein" thinks is inferior to Mahrez...you know whats gonna happen now? You will watch Coutinho in that Barca side, compare him with players over there that you rate highly, and will see the reality, as we can see everytime the Brazil nt with Coutinho in the line up face some top nt.
I think you're creating a bit of a straw man , the vast majority on this thread appear to rate Coutinho highly as do most folk I know.Although occasionally people may debate who is the best player in the PL or in a position or even the best one or two. Rarely does anyone who seriously watches football solemnly list the order of how good players are , there are simply too many factors and too many positions. So basing EPL observers off a few lists made by people who have an incessant need to list is not a good way of assessing how a player is thought of.
I can't say I have seen anyone suggest Mahrez would be an upgrade on Coutinho there may be one or two but it is hardly a widely held opinion.
My post indicated that if with the Coutinho money they could overall improve there first team Liverpool may be more of a threat.
Hardly radical thinking as they have an unbalanced side that is currently struggling to make the top four, who have incidentally more points per game without Coutinho than with him according to the BBC.

Not on iniesta 2010-15, granted, however he could be sensational in that team, dependent on him staying fit. They also look like getting Arthur from Gremio, who is a really exciting talent, those two in the midefiled could cause havoc....
They must not fancy rakitic. I think he'd be perfect for us.
On Coutinho, I've never seen him as a midfielder. He doesn't really do what kdb or Silva do. He scored sensational goals, not enough mind. He's not really a forward either. I don't actually know what he is. A luxury, if I was being flippant about it

You have come to a City forum to see if we rate a Liverpool player as a genius?

With regards to us being a backward football nation with no eye for talent..... Then why do you guy keep coming here to pick up the talent we buy at a young age, nurture, and only you buy when they're established?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.