Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have highlighted the last line, I'm not fussed about the fee it's not my money.
Fair enough. Obviously the price is different if AS only wants us. We could offer 1 pound in which case we don't get him until the summer. Or 60 million and get him tomorrow. Somewhere is a price Arsenal will accept.

He can at still reject an offer from a club he doesn't want to go to even if Arsenal want to do the deal.
He is coming to City end of.........That is up to Arsenal.
However you are right if Man Utd offer 50million Arsenal may be tempted....The chances of Alexis wanting to do anything to benefit Arsenal at this point are zero....
We will get him for free in summer and pay HIM 20 million signing on fee.

But you were technically correct :-)

16 league games to go and stalling on a 20 million price tag. I don't understand arsenal. That's the equivalent of 1.25 million per game. Would they pay out that sort of money to sign a player, no. Financially it's ridiculous.

We offered a big enough amount in the summer , they didn't really budge and we got stung a little bit but bided our time. So we are in for him again at a reduced price because we are giving the player a choice. If he goes to United then so be it but it will be his own choice and it'll be seen as more of a big salary move than anything else . He can also stick it out and come to us this summer and be welcomed with open arms with a big salary and the joy of being wanted by us not because of some part exchange deal from a club that mainly wants to do one over on us.
As for negotiations being a game ? Yes you're right it is a bit of a game back and forth but we are being honest with Alex . We are not going to pay over the odds because Arsenal have wound his contract down . That's their issue .Not our problem . We are simply saying " we really want you for what you can bring to us as a team and if they won't let you go now we will still want you next summer " . That's it . His choice .

Sanchez would be a right fucking tool, if he signed for Utd at this point.

They would not be signing him to be part of something, they would be signing him because they are fucking desperate for anything & saw he might be available, so they can throw him into the mix & hope it works.

City would be signing him, to fit into a well oiled machine, because the manager knows how he plays & we want the extra he brings, to help win stuff, for some years.

My only question, if I was Sanchez, would be to Pep. I would want his word, that he plans to hang around for a bit, & not fuck off after my first full season.

There can be no other things to consider unless he is a fucking idiot (& very greedy).

The way i see this is the only person woth any power to decide this is sanchez himself.

No matter what transfer fee utd offer arsenal amd no matter even if arsenal accept it the player has the final say.

His agent may get a huge fee from utd so may and try and persuade the player but its still upto sanchez

If he chooses utd its because something they have done/ said has made him decide that...and likewise for us.

Its all on him.

The way i see this is the only person woth any power to decide this is sanchez himself.

No matter what transfer fee utd offer arsenal amd no matter even if arsenal accept it the player has the final say.

His agent may get a huge fee from utd so may and try and persuade the player but its still upto sanchez

If he chooses utd its because something they have done/ said has made him decide that...and likewise for us.

Its all on him.

Definitely.

And if he decides to go there, City will not lose any sleep, because it automatically proves it would have been a mistake to sign him. City will be expecting a player who is desperately keen, to be a part of what the club is doing, not someone who just sees it as an option. We don't want a 29 year old who comes because it's an 'ok' thing to do & 'ok' money, we want a player who wants to rip up fucking europe with a blue shirt on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.