Cyrille Regis

The goal that immediately sprang to mind when I heard the sad news.....

Still one of the best goals I've ever seen. The way he turned that defender and left him floundering in his wake, and then the force that he hit that shot, it was like a blast from a cannon!

Last edited:
Just heard it on radio news. Very sad indeed. A belting player who took so much shit back in the day,just because of his skin colour. Different times thank fuck. RIP.

Sad news. One of the WBA 3 degrees in what was a very decent Albion side. The game at the swamp 5-3 sticks in my mind being a kid plus that goal I think v Norwich ? Goal of the month/season kept getting re-played over n over. Anyway sad news indeed RIP big Cyril

R I P big man was one of my favourite none city players when he was at West Brom scored a great goal at Maine road for them
Yes, that goal at Maine Road was one of the best I saw there by an opposition player, good enough to get a spontaneous round of applause from the City fans. Quite similar to the goal of the season against Norwich shown above.

RIP Big man, 59 is no age at all.

Cyrille Regis has died. My hero. My inspiration. Majestic, powerful, glorious. Loved him. Gave me and many others hope and made us feel ten feet tall. Can’t say any more right now.

If I remember correctly he turned down the chance to play for France NT (born in French Guyana) to represent England but only got a handful of caps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.