Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
with alexis going elsewhere the only move that seems equally great for us is insigne in the summer. left winger, can play as a striker and false 9 what implies he can rotate with leroy and aguero/jesus (although it looks to me that aguero will leave and we will go for a world class striker [griezmann/dybala] which probably gonna cost over 100m)
Mertens also and he has a filthy release clause of €28m and he is world class.

for some reason don't think this is done yet.....despite knowing that United will probably get him

I think it depends how genuine the reports are that we've walked away. If that has been communicated to Sanchez's agents then it's over. If its media speculation,anything can happen, although united seem nailed on based on majority of reports in the last 24 hours.

With Jesus out and Aguero not looking as sharp as usual it does seem that we are lacking numbers in that area, especially with the amount of games we have. Agree as well with the concerns if anything were to happen to Fernandinho, he looked tired yesterday and we really don't have anyone to replace him if he were to get injured.

We clearly have an amazing squad that is performing incredibly well, but fatigue and injuries still happen. I just hope not bringing in a forward to share the burden with Aguero and Jesus (when fit) doesn't come back and bite us.

Maybe it's just me but I recall a few years ago watching before a City game against someone.... doesn't really matter but how warmly El Hadji Diouf was greeted during the warm up by the city players at the time, this shocked me a little but got me thinking even though he was a loathsome individual, to 99.99% of footballers this whole thing is a show they have more in common with each other than any of us, when it comes down to it it's a case of them and us(all the kissing of the badge and stuff is just total bollocks and part of the "show"). So to answer your questions to the first question because city have not spent the money on Sanchez they have money to play with. However I'm sure KDB will now be looking for more.
Question 2 like Neymar in the summer every time a major transfer happens it changes the market and all clubs are impacted.Do you think we would get Jesus for 20 odd Million after what happen in the summer? My overall point is though that nothing that happens in football can be seen in isolation and united paying 400k to Sanchez will impact City directly moving forward.

I can’t disagree with that. It pushes the high tide mark up for everyone. For which the rags will no doubt blame us when we make our next signing in a jacked-up market. My point, though, is that we’d be over a barrel much quicker and firmer if we’d been the ones offering £400k.

(Incidentally, I don’t know how reliable this £400k figure is, although we can be sure the numbers are big.)

If alves had come what would we do with walker then ?

At the time we were interested in both mate....so must have had plans to keep both happy! Genuine question, could one have moved over to cover the left side for situations like this? Couldnt have been any worse than Danilo....

I can’t disagree with that. It pushes the high tide mark up for everyone. For which the rags will no doubt blame us when we make our next signing in a jacked-up market. My point, though, is that we’d be over a barrel much quicker and firmer if we’d been the ones offering £400k.

(Incidentally, I don’t know how reliable this £400k figure is, although we can be sure the numbers are big.)

Spot on

Pretty relaxed about this after a nights sleep. Like losing to Liverpool, a shame but 15 points is a nice overall position and one day does not a season make.

He'd suit our style, he's a great player and a hard worker, no doubt. If it was a case of upping from £20m to £35m we'd have done it I am sure, and cut a deal with Sanchez on the rest if he really wanted Pep and nobody else. But for a reported £350-400k a week, plus the extra payments to agents and player potentially, the longer term impact of this transfer could be detrimental to the structure of our club and what we are trying to achieve longer term.

That extra 60k reportedly offered by the scumbags, we could match it. But that effectively is spending an extra £3 million a year on Sanchez, and how long until KDB, Sterling, Sane, all want that? Suddenly the wage bill is 12-20m higher. New signings would be asking for that too, or more. I thought that it would be a no-brainier - attacking football and a pretty much guaranteed minimum one winners medal this year at City, or a more rigid approach over the road which turns into a complete stifling of creativity against the top teams - if he doesn't think he'll be benched against better teams than Jose's then he's fooling himself, or maybe it doesn't matter at £400k per week. This is Sanchez's last big contract in football I bet, certainly in a reputable league, and he has a stark choice between loadsa money but more rigid football, or a bit less dosh and more freedom for expression. What he chooses is up to him, but as is evidenced their need is greater and they will be making him feel like the saviour right now.

He'll do well for them I am sure if he goes, but the overall package, if reported correctly, is not worth what Sanchez can actually bring to us and do on the pitch. If he could come in happily and fit within our wage structure, which isn't ungenerous as is, then brilliant. If not then fine, let him go over there. I foresee the same issue for them with Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford etc, all now suddenly deciding they need to have a 25% increase. Not to mention their summer targets and their expectations, knowing already that Ed Woodward isn't the sternest of negotiators and that again this season United will have not won the league, and must challenge next season more closely at all costs.

For us, all it means is we review in our own time, and get the right guy. Dybala, Griezzeman, a younger unknown, who knows? But what I do know is hat he'll be a cracker, likely contribute as much as Sanchez over 3/4 years, and leave us no worse off.

That said, I do hope he comes, he said 'no' to PSG's money so he could say 'no' to them also, but realistically I don't think it is on anymore and I too am ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.