Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What mistakes have we made? We had a valuation for the player and a wage ceiling designed not to adversely damage the current wage structure.

United coming in has lifted the threshold of what Sanchez could receive, but were better than breaking our structure just because we want to prove a point or get one over our rivals. Were doing that on the field.
Spot on pal

I think the press will dress this signing as victory for the history club over oil money and will quote the lowest fees and salary they can to show what a good deal they have done. Been a shit week lose at the dippers they trounce Stoke and sign Sanchez. Sooner we can back to playing Newcastle the better.
There is no doubt that this will be dressed up as a victory for football over money, indeed I'm sure it won't be long before the official story is that he turned down money to sign for united after City put a late bid in for more money than united

If the club has decided on a maximum transfer fee and wages package that they were willing to pay for the player, and the player and his agent decided to try and play games to try and get more money then I think it's a huge stride forward in terms of our structure that we can have the confidence to stick to our guns, it sends out a huge message to any future transfer targets, don't fuck about basically. With all this in mind, if we were in the market for Alexis Sanchez then it suggests we will be working hard on a deal to bring a similar player to the club this window if not, in the summer.

Honestly don't think he's ripped up any trees in the Prem and he clearly has an attitude problem. At £350k+ per week plus £40m in fees we are absolutely right to pull out. The cost of the transfer will be £110-120m over four years, for a 29yo with no re-sell value it's too much.

if he has in any tiny way disrepected Pep he's gone. if he turned round now and said ok i'll the original deal Pep would fuck him right off, rightly so. we seriously don't need him that badly, rags might but we don't.

Dodged a major bullet there. I’m glad that he has not come. Put it this way he would defo have upset the squad 100 percent. I actually thought £60 mill was a lot for a 29 year old in the last year of his contract anyway in the summer. We will still win the title and prob another cup so it will not matter. As for Utd how do you settle for a guy that really does not want to be there? He said city was his preferred destination so now he has to backtrack. They have totally smashed there wage structure to get him which in turn now means younger guys like martial and rashford will fall further down the pecking order causing unrest further down the road. Can see Sanchez scoring a few for them but he will go the same way as de Maria and falcao. City now need to concentrate on getting a CB or LFB which is way more inmportant. Let Utd have there moment but I bet underneath the bravado they will be a thinking how far have we really fell behind the noisy neighbours.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can t help but feel we are repeating the same mistakes ala hazard and rvp and we all know they ended up winning the league with their teams...for people who says that he is demanding too much...reallyy???? it s just a matter of time until kdb for example will ask for this let s hope the club has big targets on their mind for the summer because tbh i don t think pep may be very happy with this outcome

£350k a week obliterates our wage structure.

Plus, £35m + Micky is arguably valued at more than the £65m we offered Arsenal in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.