Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that Evans is actually a good 4th choice, but aren't you being too optimistic on Komps' situation? He has a deal until 2019 and is almost impossible to shift next summer, unless the club decides to loan him out, sponsoring wages.
Kompany is going nowhere. I recall one of the articles by Sam Lee or someone reputed which said that the City management respected Kompany too much to even entertain the idea of selling him. He'll be 33 next season in April, so I'm guessing that he'll either leave on a free or retire or stay at the club in some capacity. Might even stay on as a player-coach, similar to Richard Wright. The fact is that even if he stays at the club, he's going to be phased out. He might play a few ceremonial matches here and there, but that's it. Pep said in an interview recently "Kompany is Kompany...it's not possible to trust him..it's been like that in the last few years". I don't know how anyone can come back from that.

Saddens me to say but Kompany is finished . We are desperately short at CB and Evans despite his rag DNA would be third choice not fourth.

Saddens me to say but Kompany is finished . We are desperately short at CB and Evans despite his rag DNA would be third choice not fourth.
In fairness he is third choice by default(if he comes)Mangala is well Mangala we all know what you get from him a game or two he does OK and then a couple he is in total meltdown mode, Pep just doesn't seem to rate Tosin(its a mystery to me why he hasn't moved above Mangala in the pecking order, but anyway)and Kompany is about as reliable as a Iraqi police officer when it comes to durability.
As a rule I have no issue with bringing in backup players, a squad needs those type of players too, but for the love of god bring players in that have at least a fighting chance of improving and/or some kind of resale value

In fairness he is third choice by default(if he comes)Mangala is well Mangala we all know what you get from him a game or two he does OK and then a couple he is in total meltdown mode, Pep just doesn't seem to rate Tosin(its a mystery to me why he hasn't moved above Mangala in the pecking order, but anyway)and Kompany is about as reliable as a Iraqi police officer when it comes to durability.
As a rule I have no issue with bringing in backup players, a squad needs those type of players too, but for the love of god bring players in that have at least a fighting chance of improving and/or some kind of resale value
I think you're right about him being third choice, and sometimes we will operate with a back three which will effectively make him first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.