Newcastle (H) Post Match Thread

As we were at the swamp (OK double save in that case), but you aren't allowed to mention it.

As for the WWYWYWS chants, I think they started in the third minute which might be a record this season.
No mate stoke hold the record for chanting that 2mins last tear 7 mins this year we run a sweepstake on it at work

Just like the Rags with the Emptyhad jibe, that is all the Geordies have left. They sing is every season. Just like their empty seats chant. They've got nothing else to sing about to opposing fans. They are after all, after Liverpool fans, are the best football fans the World has ever seen!?

But if ask any of them, St Jame's Park, old and new, was always full.

They've never had any empty sections of terracing, or an empty seats. They've always got 50,000+ at the redeveloped St James's Park.

They can't remember getting 12,000 and less at the old St Jame's Park. Getting crowds of 35,000-40,000+ at the New St Jame's Park. The club selling discounted season ticket to fill the place, etc.

I went up there this season. Their were plenty of empty seats. Thankfully for their fans, the empty seats are grey, so they don't stand out, and blend in with occupied seats.

But everybody loves a Geordie, so we'll forgive their deluded and in-denial (away) support.

Last edited:
The WWYWYWS really bugged me. NUFC got an average of 16,834 as recently as 1991, but hearing them chant it over and over brought home that some people actually believe this myth. So I've decided to re-publish on my Facebook a blog I did for MCFC a few years back. I think it's all still relevant (it was written during the 2014-15 season, hence the mention of the stand extension). Well worth reading if anyone's getting hassle of rival fans about this sort of thing. Some stats in my piece that may surprise even a few Blues:

https://www.facebook.com/GaryJames4/
Love the work you do and read a couple of your books , but don't let the chant bug you, that's what football chants are designed to do. Laugh at them.

I would really like to see Diaz get a good 20 minutes in Premier League games to show what he can do.

In the not too distant future I think we will be having a good laugh about being so close to Sanchez when we had him coming through.

Just like the Rags with the Emptyhad jibe, that is all the Geordies have left. They sing is every season. Just like their empty seats chant. They've got nothing else to sing about to opposing fans. They are after all, after Liverpool fans, the best football fans the World has ever seen!?

But if ask any of them, St Jame's Park, old and new, was always full.

They've never had any empty sections of terracing, or an empty seats. They've always got 50,000+ at the redeveloped St James's Park.

They can't remember getting 12,000 and less at the old St Jame's Park. Getting crowds of 35,000-40,000+ at the New St Jame's Park. The club selling discounted season ticket to fill the place, etc.

I went up there this season. Their were plenty of empty seats. Thankfully for their fans, the empty seats are grey, so they don't stand out, and blend in with occupied seats.

But everybody loves a Geordie, so we'll forgive their deluded and in-denial (away) support.

They booked up a bit in the first half when they got a throw in!

723 passes to 111, 18 corners to 0, 3 goals to one gift, and yet some of the RDAHMeedya would have you believe NUFC were unlucky and their resolute defensive work was worth a little more than fuck all!

Good win against a well organised Newcastle side. De Bruyne was poor in terms of set play delivery but we still had so much to cause problems and create chances. The Sane run was outstanding.

No mate stoke hold the record for chanting that 2mins last tear 7 mins this year we run a sweepstake on it at work
Kinnell! A sweepstake!
I thought I was a sad git.
I assume you only count the chants inside the ground after kick-off. I think the Barcodes were quite early at their place as well but I didn't note the time.

Some very good points in there, I love the contradiction that outsiders like to label our ground the emptyhad with thousands upon thousands of empty seats. Then rock up to the Etihad and sing ‘where were you when you were shit’ when there are 50000 plus people in there.

We haven't been shit for 10 years now, when will these bellends get tired of that chant? Do they sing it to Chelsea still?

Would love to hear fans singing 'You're just a shit Man City' to the scum as well. Anyone ever heard that? I never watch their games so wouldn't know.

We haven't been shit for 10 years now, when will these bellends get tired of that chant? Do they sing it to Chelsea still?

Would love to hear fans singing 'You're just a shit Man City' to the scum as well. Anyone ever heard that? I never watch their games so wouldn't know.

Bristol City fans sang that the whole game as they shat on the "invincible" Paul Pogba-led rags and threw them out of the Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.