Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez will also get an additional £7.5m "loyalty" bonus payable July 1st for the next four years.

That's on top of a £15m signing-on fee.

That makes it £45m United will have handed him in cash - before wages of £505k a week before tax are also factored.

In all my years, I have never come across numbers such as these.

£15m for the agent - £11m settlement to Mikihtryan.

It works out at roughly £180m all in.

They won't get near another hallmark player for an age.

Loyalty payments replaced signing on fees - they are the same thing just different terms. Signing on fees were paid over the life of the contract in exactly the same way.

Sanchez will also get an additional £7.5m "loyalty" bonus payable July 1st for the next four years.

That's on top of a £15m signing-on fee.

That makes it £45m United will have handed him in cash - before wages of £505k a week before tax are also factored.

In all my years, I have never come across numbers such as these.

£15m for the agent - £11m settlement to Mikihtryan.

It works out at roughly £180m all in.

They won't get near another hallmark player for an age.

I wish that bit were true but they are just a huge cash cow.

Loyalty payments replaced signing on fees - they are the same thing just different terms. Signing on fees were paid over the life of the contract in exactly the same way.
But the rags are giving him 15m up front and another 30 million over 4 years. 45 million signing on fee in effect

But the rags are giving him 15m up front and another 30 million over 4 years. 45 million signing on fee in effect

At the end of the date mate....they can afford it and he makes them better! The rest is history....Glad we moved on but no one can argue that he makes them better and thats all we should be concerned about. What the rags do with their money is up to them. We just need to make sure we stay one step ahead and dont stand still while others close the gap. As long as we the "top dog" we've got a target on our back and teams like the rags will do whatever they can to catch us. Interesting to see what our next move will be in Jan and the summer....

At least the whole “buying the League” nonsense is put to rest!

However, “Buying 2nd place” has a somewhat desperate ring to it! Of course, they will color this as a buy for the future, but I’m not sure how you can dress up a £180M deal for a 29 year old sulker to whom you give a contract until he is 34, unless you win lots of silverware.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he didn’t fit into Mourinho’s defensive attack, quickly got pissed off by the substitutions and sitting on the bench, and became a problem. Another thing is an injury. At his age, you don’t heal nearly as quickly, nor do you have the impetus when you are minting it while sitting home with the dogs!

We learnt the hard way that having players on long term mega contracts makes it difficult to get rid of those who don't fit or whose best days are behind them.
This is something that United will find out soon enough with there short sighted purchases, particularly if as we all expect they don't lead to success

Lots of people stating Manure can afford this signing, even at £180m over 4.5 years.

How do their finances stack up against us, how much of a spending advantage do they have?

Also many have made reference to Manure being involved in the writing of the FFP rules to their advantage, how does this occur?

I still think we will do something special in the summer and cement our squad as head and shoulders above the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.