Bristol City (A) LeagueCup SF 2nd Leg - PreMatch Thread

Bristol City v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Full strength 11 for me including Ederson. It's a cup semi final and Bristol aren't sh*t plus they're at home and will play the performance of their lives yet again backed by their frenzied flapping crowd. Will need calm heads in that bedlam. We need to become a trophy winning machine starting here. Lifting the League Cup in Feb (I'll always call it that) will give more belief in the final 3rd of the season and quench their thirst for more silverware. (May help me come to terms a bit more with that Kevin Reeves disallowed goal v Dippers in the 81 semi which still pisses me off). I need to get over that one day, really do.

Evening chaps.
While I don't think we will be able to spring a surprise on you, like the first leg, we'll give it a go.
Finally, some of our injured players are on the way back so we should have a couple of different options. While Bobby Reid has been doing a sterling job for us on his own up front, he's only a little dapper so the return of Famara Diedhou , our record signing is a welcome addition. I know it's not much to you but we paid £5.3M for him which is a hell of a sum for us. He's physically bigger than Bobby and should offer a different set of problems. Hopefully Mangala will play again as, with all respect, he was shocking at your place.
I wathed your game against Newcastle nd was hoping KDB would pull up with something that stops him playing on Tuesday but que sera.
As I said, I don't think we'll be able to spring any surprises but we'll give it a right good go.
To those heading down, have a safe journey and if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer them for you.
My prediction is that you'll have too much for us but we'll make it as difficult as we can.
1-3. :(

I’ve watched Cardiff a few times this season and they’re a bunch of cloggers. If the ref lets them get away with it (which he did in the games I saw) it will be a scrappy game and we’ll be lucky not to pick up any injuries. So I agree with putting out a weaker but more physical side against Cardiff

Full strength 11 for me including Ederson. It's a cup semi final and Bristol aren't sh*t plus they're at home and will play the performance of their lives yet again backed by their frenzied flapping crowd. Will need calm heads in that bedlam. We need to become a trophy winning machine starting here. Lifting the League Cup in Feb (I'll always call it that) will give more belief in the final 3rd of the season and quench their thirst for more silverware. (May help me come to terms a bit more with that Kevin Reeves disallowed goal v Dippers in the 81 semi which still pisses me off). I need to get over that one day, really do.
AGISAC

Evening chaps.
While I don't think we will be able to spring a surprise on you, like the first leg, we'll give it a go.
Finally, some of our injured players are on the way back so we should have a couple of different options. While Bobby Reid has been doing a sterling job for us on his own up front, he's only a little dapper so the return of Famara Diedhou , our record signing is a welcome addition. I know it's not much to you but we paid £5.3M for him which is a hell of a sum for us. He's physically bigger than Bobby and should offer a different set of problems. Hopefully Mangala will play again as, with all respect, he was shocking at your place.
I wathed your game against Newcastle nd was hoping KDB would pull up with something that stops him playing on Tuesday but que sera.
As I said, I don't think we'll be able to spring any surprises but we'll give it a right good go.
To those heading down, have a safe journey and if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer them for you.
My prediction is that you'll have too much for us but we'll make it as difficult as we can.
1-3. :(
Good of you to come on here with such a nice thought about KDB. I hope we fucking stuff you on Tuesday. Well done for beating the scum though

_________________Bravo________________

Danilo____Otamendi____Stones______Zinchenko

________________Yaya____________________

________Gundogan_____Bernardo_________

Sterling_________Nmecha__________Diaz

Expecting a totally different game from the first leg. High press, low press or no press, City will have the ball for the vast majority of the game. Cup ties are always uncertain. but Bristol will be hoping for luck, whereas City will be relying on general class and ability on the ball.

90 minutes from a Wembley final , so would play a fairly strong team , Bristol are a good championship team and they will "unleash" their crowd , would rest our regular playing older players for Bristol and Cardiff games , BRAVO - WAlKER , STONES , MANGALA , ZINCHENKO - BERNARDO , GUNDOGAN , YAYA , KDB , DIAZ - STERLING , the likes of Otto , Merlin , Kun , Dinho need to be rested for the all important title run-in and the champs league. Real shame Vinny cannot contribute , we could do with his leadership against a couple of championship teams who will be very aggressive and playing to their home support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.