Bristol City (Carabao Cup SF) Post Match Thread

TBF, Nico looked right off today too and he has been immense this year with Eddie behind him.

There's a legitimate argument to be made that our back line was shaky last year with Bravo between the sticks. It's not hard to imagine that still holds true, to an extent.

As I said, Bravo wasn't fielded in previous games, was he? Not to mention, it is indeed hard to imagine what you say because Claudio defines one of the reasons, if not THE reason, City have reached the semi-final of the Carabao Cup.

Another 'City defence is shit' myth spreader. 2nd best defence in the league. We're going to conceded silly goals because of the way we play. Why can't people get that. We could get Maureen in charge I suppose

Some just can't get it in their heads that the system we play will leave us open to conceding the odd goal like we do but the reality is for every goals we concede which might be a bit shit on the eye, we will score 3/4/5 and that's all that matters.

They also need to realise that our defenders dont have the option of hoofing it clear as its just not allowed under Pep.

he wants them to find a pass, always and he accepts the risks that goes with it because he knows it wins him games of football.

Our fans need to accept it as well instead of the weekly, "we cant defend" bollox.

I just dont get this argument im afraid.

Its a cup tie and they have fuck all to lose so yes, they run around like mentalists and press the ball but for the vast majority of both games they have had to defend with 10 behind the ball and they have been camped in their own box, never mind their own half and they have played on the break with long balls.

It isnt ground breaking and it isnt rocket science and it isnt anything we have not seen all season imo.
I think you are oversimplifying how hard it is to press us successfully... they've done a better job of that than any PL team we've faced this season over those two legs for me. That includes Liverpool who pressed well but didn't force the mistakes outright we made against them as Bristol have at times, the biggest difference was Liverpool were able to capitalise with some deadly finishing with the quality they have up front.

So I pretend it never happened then ?

Or by 'give him a chance' I keep picking him ? Except I don't pick the team, I'm just someone being honest about the current level he's been performing at & commenting on it, on a forum.
And I’m suggesting given time he will return to his level based on fitness and confidence. He’s making mistakes as a result of these factors. He has to play through them. He’s yet to single handedly cost us a game due to his performances. A lot of what he’s lost through not playing is timing and starting position especially heading wise. If you’ve ever been out for a while that’s what comes back last. You either get up to early or too late, or try to pinch balls instead of standing up etc. It’s game time he needs.

As I said, Bravo wasn't fielded in previous games, was he? Not to mention, it is indeed hard to imagine what you say because Claudio defines one of the reasons, if not THE reason, City have reached the semi-final of the Carabao Cup.

I'm saying Nico looked off today, not the previous games (with Eddie)

Further, it's irrelevant whether Bravo's penalty saves are the reason we are where we are. That has nothing to do with his defender's confidence in him should they make a mistake or fail to clear a challenge.

Fuck me. It's like some of our fans have a chronic need to moan about stuff. We're going to Wembley again and we beat a good side that were well up for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.