Northern Soul

Theres a Northern Soul show on Radio Manchester every Saturday night I heard this the other night, what a corker even if like me you were never that into NS

Theres a Northern Soul show on Radio Manchester every Saturday night I heard this the other night, what a corker even if like me you were never that into NS

If ive been out on the piss on Saturday evenings, that is a integral part of my weekend. Craig Charles funk and soul on radio 2 then Richard Searlings northern soul on radio manchester. Love it me. Northern Soul goes strong and there is a resurgence amongst some youngsters. There are national events all through the year that are welll attended

As time has gone on I find myself much more appreciative - I remember looking down my nose at all the kids who were really into the whole scene at the time - I was too wrapped up in the punk thing but fuck me great music is great music

if you can look past the couple in front - good as they are the girl in the polka dot top really nails it

You've just described exactly what's happened to me. And I look at those kids dancing now and wish I'd been part of that scene rather than the less joyous punk music exciting times though they were.

You've just described exactly what's happened to me. And I look at those kids dancing now and wish I'd been part of that scene rather than the less joyous punk music exciting times though they were.

I had no idea you were a Soulie mate. I’ve got dozens of old NS and Motown records. Love ‘em to bits. I was too young to have been involved at the time though, and I wouldn’t have swapped the music of my teenage years (77 to 83) for all the tea in China anyway. Punk, mod revival, Two Tone, new wave, the birth of indie, and New Romanticism all crammed into 6 years ,and reggae and disco at their peak. Revolutionary musical times......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.