'As A City Fan', Would You Like To See Safe Standing Introduced At The Etihad?

Serious question.

Why would safe standing improve our atmosphere?

People stand now, but still don't sing.

Why would safe standing make those people sing?

If there are cheap tickets, people will just move there to get one, even though they won't sing, just like they have done in SS 115.

Not being negative as I want safe standing like everyone.

But the club really need to think about this new safe standing section, and make sure it is a proper safe standing singing section, and not just another SS 115.

How do they do that?
If you don't sing you get the shit kicked out of you lol
Seriously tho I think joining in with the singing comes more naturally when you're stood shoulder to shoulder,there's a detachment when your seated.

No. I see no point in standing. If everyone stayed sat down when the ball goes in the box they can see just as well if not better.

Who on earth wants to stand on their feet for nigh on 2 hours.
Obsessives who are trying to relive their youth? I suspect that the actual demand will be very limited.

So people wish to stand. Fair enough.

But they also want to pay less to stand. Safe standing, as it it likely to be implemented in the UK, will not allow more fans in than seating. So they expect the rest of us to pay higher prices to cover the considerable capital costs of conversion and the loss of revenue from the standing area?

I don't think I have ever used my seat in the South Stand - I am not even sure if it folds down or if it is actually even a real seat.

That said - we have a "singing section" where "singers" moved to a few years back - how many of those people actually sing or make noise though???

Safestand has to happen, standing should never have disappeared for the length of time it did.. Terraces needed a shake up, people put in place to do this where clueless.

As it is with standing in seated areas it is about as dangerous as it has ever been for many years, there must be countless minor injuries.

Adds to the atmosphere, ups the capacity in each block where it is put, should reduce ticket prices.. It will help the singing.

unless already asked -how many did Celtic Park increase by when they got safe standing?. Their capacity seems to be 60,000 atm.
They only put on something like a 3k safe standing area as a trial so would have raised the capacity by 1400 at most.

Not saying it would definitely improve atmosphere, but in my opinion it would. Irrelevant to atmosphere, people should have a choice to stand. And that’s stand, without having your shins destroyed by the seat in front of you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.