Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least in the case of both cbs & the keeper, likely they will be considerably better in 7 years time, than they are now. Possibly Mendy too, depending on if he retains decent pace.

The way I see it, mate, is that they can only get better. That was my point, really. Notoriously, cb and keeper positions are the ones where, if you've got the natural talent and athleticism to begin with (all of them have, does it need to be said), you get cannier and become a better reader of the game as the years go by. You also get better at damage limitation of your own weaknesses.

Ederson Moraes, 24. Kyle Walker, 27. John Stones, 23. Aymeric Laporte, 23. Benjamin Mendy, 23.
It's absurd. That is what's called anticipatory planning. That is a unit that will be welded together by Pep and which will run for years and years.

walker is only 27?! thought he was at least 29. Big win for me this morning.

City have paid the cash. Laporte has signed the contract. The big hold up is that Laporte is taking a while to learn the skiffle board so he can play Blue Moon in his announcement video. Soon as that is done then we can start work on shipping mangala to arsenal. Then we can announce.

Nah! Cheque taking 5 days to clear bank.
They checked the Sheik’s Experian score. Down to his last zillions

The way I see it, mate, is that they can only get better. That was my point, really. Notoriously, cb and keeper positions are the ones where, if you've got the natural talent and athleticism to begin with (all of them have, does it need to be said), you get cannier and become a better reader of the game as the years go by. You also get better at damage limitation of your own weaknesses.

Yes, there are no guarantees but you would imagine those 3 are going to peak some years from now, then be at that level for quite some time. Possibly Mendy too, but we haven't actually seen him yet ;) Not to any degree anyhow. Walker has several years left.

The great thing about that is, in those positions, once you get it right, you don't actually need 'freshening up' you just need more or less the same thing, over & over, forever. If we could nail it with two cbs & a keeper, we have that solid base to work round. Then it's a matter of replacing VK soon possibly with a young player & Otta in a few years time. We won't be in that position we had when Lescott went & we patched up then Zabba etc just got too old, because we have years to plan for it.

We can do all the changing players & 'freshening up' with the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.