Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no proof, his word against anyone else's however we all know that if you intend to trip someone you can slide on the ground and clip their ankle, Bennett launched himself through the air, disgustingly reckless.

Quite - no way anyone can prove he was trying to 'do' Sane as opposed to just bringing him down.
Recklessness was clear, which is a yellow card.

Then it's down to seeing the contact or viewing it as dangerous or excessive force.

He didn't even indicate it was a foul from memory.

I think Mason was quick enough on the whistle that he didn't need to once he'd stopped running. There wasn't any need to flag for a foul.
Mason would have seen Bennett going in, and Sane going down, but it is likely that the actual contact was blocked.

There is no proof, his word against anyone else's however we all know that if you intend to trip someone you can slide on the ground and clip their ankle, Bennett launched himself through the air, disgustingly reckless.
To me reckless means, you don't know the outcome. Bennett knew exactly the outcome of that type of foul. It was a premeditated assault by a no-mark who knew exactly what he would get as a punishment. Nothing. Sadly like minded 'professionals' will continue to display similar behaviour until the governing body act.

I think Mason was quick enough on the whistle that he didn't need to once he'd stopped running. There wasn't any need to flag for a foul.
Mason would have seen Bennett going in, and Sane going down, but it is likely that the actual contact was blocked.
Perhaps, but Mason was a long way behind play, so you'd expect the lino to flag, its rare they don't really.

MillionMilesAway. The ref Lee Mason can still change his mind and say if he had seen how bad the tackle was he would have issued a straight red card. However this still does not mitigate the part of the assistant with the yellow flag, and that he didn't tell the ref that it was a dangerous tackle and should be a straight red card.

It also doesn't cure Sane's injury. Which after all, is the real pisser. Both for him and us.

The more I see that assault on sane, and that’s what it is....I’m furious. Career ending assaults like that should get a 12 month ban for the offending player

I thought these were the type of challenges, that they were determined to stamp out.
More fucking hot air from the powers that be.

St.Pauli support I agree there is no support that he wanted to hurt Leroy, however he could have just pushed him over, even pulled his shirt any of these actions would have resulted in Leroy not being injured. If the World governing body of football wants to clamp down on dangerous tackles like the one on Leroy. They have to come out with a ruling that any player injured by a dangerous tackle, the player committing that foul will be banned until that player returns to 1st team action. There is no if's and no but's you are banned and will stay banned until he returns to action.

The pace at which the game and Leroy were moving, Bennett had to make sure his 'tackle' was timed perfectly. If it wasn't, then the outcome was pretty clear to anyone who has watched but a handful of games, and that outcome was the one that finished the game for Leroy. I would have thought that a Championship player would not be at the level where he could make that perfect tackle. If Bennett thought he could, then I think he is operating under some kind of dementia. It is all well and good apologising for putting someone on the sidelines for six or seven weeks, but is it going to be a lesson learned by Bennett? I think not. He will be back in the rest of Cardiff's fixtures attempting the same kind of tackle, come what may! And probably have his manager applauding his efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.