Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate him and if Pep improves him as he has hearty all of our squad then he could become more like hazard imo.

I rate Mahrez and understand why our focus has shifted to a winger with Sane's injury. My only concern (except the last minute fee) is that I'm not sure he's a 'Pep player' who will help back with defensive responsibilities as Sterling and Sane do.

Would this be happening if Sane wasn't injured? No.

Would this be happening if we weren't scared of FFP 2.0? No.

This is panic buying at its best.

Is Mahrez a very good player who will probably play very well in an excellent team? Yes. But it's a sad state of affairs that football has arrived at the point where you shell out close to 100 million pounds, to cover an injury for a few months, rather than give an academy player a chance.
This was happening when Sané wasn't injured. And if the rumours are true of both Jesus and Sané being out for 6 more weeks, it's a necessary signing!

As good as I think Mahrez is, or at least can be, at the price that’s quoted I’m not sure I’m on board.

With a fully fit squad is he ahead of Sané, Sterling, Silva, Agüero, Jesus or De Bruyne? Not for me.

Is he better than Bernardo? Yes, but the Silva Jr is showing signs of being a real find and may not be behind him for long.

Is he competing with Gundogan? No.

Is he better than Delph or Zinchenko? Yep, but they can play as LBs and for £90m he bloody well should be!

And where does that leave Foden, Nmecha and Brahim in terms of their opportunities and development?

I don’t think he’s a panic buy as much as he’s a borderline unnecessary expenditure when he’s very unlikely to be content being a second tier squad player for now.

EDIT: All of that being said, I love watching him in full flight, so...
Half of the players we have won't start in a fully fit squad with Silva, Kevin, Leroy and Sergio. But that doesn't mean that's how a season goes, does it?

We'll have plenty injuries sadly enough and these aren't even like pulling a hammy, fucking ****s are out there studs up deliberately killing our players.

We need as good depth as we can have.

None of Olex, Brahim, Foden, Bernardo are wingers. We've only got two. We need another at the very least.

When we were in for AS this thread was full of posts saying Mahrez was not a Pep player. Too lazy. An individualist.

I thought and think he is a much better fit for us. Whether we are prepared to pay 70m+
for him I am not sure

The valuations in here and the papers are ridiculous.

I see everyone is using VVD and Coutinho fees as bench marks based on that we should get at least £30m for Mangala then...never going to happen.

Reality is Auba is probably going to Arsenal for £60m, Giroud to Chelsea for £18m. This is what we should be comparing to.

Mahrez has wanted out for a while, he was suppose to get his move on deadline day in the summer where he even left international duty to go to London and ended up not moving. Think it was to Spurs or Chelsea, can’t remember.

Now he has a chance to leave again and we are offering more than anyone else before for him, it’s understandable Mahrez is going on strike. £60m is more than fair for him, probably a tad overpriced even. Leicester should really except it, they well not get more for him in the summer especially as he will down tools.

£90m. Thats almost the funniest thing ive read all window

Well, if he has no previous connection to City, he's got to be worth KdB, Aguero, and Jesus put together!! We weren't gonna get ripped off by those $anchez folk, and that should have sent a message to anyone doing business. We ain't paying a premium 'cos someone keeps the home-grown bleach industry going with purchased hair products.

I rate Mahrez and understand why our focus has shifted to a winger with Sane's injury. My only concern (except the last minute fee) is that I'm not sure he's a 'Pep player' who will help back with defensive responsibilities as Sterling and Sane do.

If he doesn't, he won't play.

A mate of mine from Leicester was hoping we would sign Sanchez, he was told that talks with Leicester about Mahrez had taken place a few weeks ago. This is not a panic buy, quite obviously plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.