Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how Pep and the others will handle a guy who arguably has an "bad attitude" according to LCFC? Wasnt this the reason for why we said no to Sanchez (being a loner and might cause be disruptive to the dressing room)? just curious

I've seen a couple of different theories as to why we walked away from Sanchez deal but this is a new one on me.

If I was Mahrez that would have been one short conversation, now let me see, the chance to compete for major honours with the likes of Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero, or to fight for tenth with a mid table team, do one Kasper...

Is this the Kasper that would most probably sell his kids into slavery if it meant the Scum came knocking

It isn't arrogant in any sense,

It isn't a raggish like comment at all. Its an honest opinion from a Football fan. Mahrez's talents far exceed a team competing for mid table spots in the foreseeable future. Kinkladze and Wright Phillips left us because they were far too good for us at the time, and its the same case for Mahrez now. Football has moved on since we were fighting to keep hold of our players, and Mahrez no matter how arrogant it sounds is far too good for Leicester and the club should move him on. They are just keeping a player from his dream of playing for a team to match his ambitions.
TBH mate, you've got your view & I've got mine. It wasn't that long ago that Mahrez was a complete unknown who Leicester took a chance on. All the celestial stars aligned for Leicester, & they went on to finish above City to win an unlikely PL title, probably never to be repeated.

Leicester refused to sell any of their stars & claimed they were building for the future. However, they carried on celebrating long into the following season, & just like the previous season where they had upward momentum, that season the carried on the momentum, but the direction was downward. Leicester changed manager & a couple of their stars left.

Mahrez was one expected to leave, but Arsenal offered nowhere near Leicester's valuation. Mahrez continued to prove himself at Leicester & in the PL, and his expectations have risen accordingly. To now say 'Mahrez is too good for Leicester' is about as Raggish & self entitled as you can get imho. Where Manchester City Football Club have come from is still firmly etched in my mind. One thing it has done, is to make me count our blessings and good fortune, however it will never allow me to look down on any team & claim their player is 'Far too good for their team'.

'The player can succeed at a higher level & handle life at a bigger club', yes, but NOT 'Mahrez is too good for Leicester'. Like I said Raggish..... imho of course.

G9MgX_s-200x150.gif

TBH mate, you've got your view & I've got mine. It wasn't that long ago that Mahrez was a complete unknown who Leicester took a chance on. All the celestial stars aligned for Leicester, & they went on to finish above City to win an unlikely PL title, probably never to be repeated.

Leicester refused to sell any of their stars & claimed they were building for the future. However, they carried on celebrating long into the following season, & just like the previous season where they had upward momentum, that season the carried on the momentum, but the direction was downward. Leicester changed manager & a couple of their stars left.

Mahrez was one expected to leave, but Arsenal offered nowhere near Leicester's valuation. Mahrez continued to prove himself at Leicester & in the PL, and his expectations have risen accordingly. To now say 'Mahrez is too good for Leicester' is about as Raggish & self entitled as you can get imho. Where Manchester City Football Club have come from is still firmly etched in my mind. One thing it has done, is to make me count our blessings and good fortune, however it will never allow me to look down on any team & claim their player is 'Far too good for their team'.

'The player can succeed at a higher level & handle life at a bigger club', yes, but NOT 'Mahrez is too good for Leicester'. Like I said Raggish..... imho of course.
Saying Mahrez can succeed at a higher level and handle life at a bigger club is an indirect way of saying Mahrez is too good for Leicester.
I really don't see your point. He's too good for a team with the ambition of finishing in mid table positions. Thats no disrespect or arrogant dig at Leicester, that's me just stating how highly I rate Riyad Mahrez.

I also don't forget where we have come from- we were once a club who worried that better and bigger clubs would take our star players off us, but football has moved on and we aren't that club anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.