Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all happy for him to get a dream move, that doesn't mean anyone should bend over and get less than what we think he's worth. I'm not bitter about him going, just a little sore about the timing and the low balling. Personally, I think the club would find it disrespectful if you buy a CB for £57m and then offer us £45m for a proven player. Whether you think it is or not, our end it will be seen as that.
I think the way it has been handled has been rather ruthless and machiavellian unfortunately - akin to shorting on the stock market would be a good analogy.

If Mahrez stays, it unsettles Leicester from now till the end of the season and his value might half to under £30m. City must have identified this to act so late in the window and £60m doesn't seem a bad offer when you consider the circumstances. It puts Leicester in a very difficult position - not to mention it gives Leicester little time to find a replacement. It's regrettable.

Really... because so far if you believe the press the bid we turned down in the summer has so far been doubled by you a window later. The bids turned down by Saints for VVD and the bids for Countinho all ended up with the player going for MORE money and not less.

In your world we should have accepted £30m last summer because he wanted to go, despite it being way below our valuation.
Aaah poor foxy seems rattled

You seem to think that you're in the driving seat. If city walk away, what happens? Mahrez won't play to his full ability at your club as he doesn't want to be there.
But the same was said last summer and he ripped it up. Interesting to see who the player might be going the other way.

Newsflash

newsflash.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.