Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesom debut and looked quicker than I expected him to be. Such a good passing range and dare I say better than Stones in terms of composure and comfort on the ball.

We shall see how he does moving forward but initial signs are good.

Him and Stones together will be interesting. Defensive 1-2s and 50 yard cross field passes!

Awesom debut and looked quicker than I expected him to be. Such a good passing range and dare I say better than Stones in terms of composure and comfort on the ball.

Him and Stones together will be interesting. Defensive 1-2s and 50 yard cross field passes!

Otamendi is a better passer of the ball than stones for me now. Plays some beautiful balls through the middle cutting out midfielders.

I think he was very good but I also think John’s poor recent form is clouding our memory a bit—I imagine both wil be equally comfortable on the ball and willing/able to play those cutting passes.

As @Scottyboi said, Nico is very good at that, as well, along with the physical play (especially as he has cut out the propensity to leave his feet of yester year).

I think we now have three of the best central defenders in the Premier League and may, in time, be the best tandem in Europe. And Vinny playing a game or two (limited time, by his on recent admission) does hurt us, either.

Tosin has some great players to learn his trade from (as Vinny will be coaching him as he transitions into more of behind the scenes leader).

Really want to see what a Stones-Laporte partnership looks like. But understand it's probably best to give him as much Spanish (Or variants of) speaking persons atm. Looks like a perfect player for this team.

I think a Laporte-Stones; Laporte-Otamendi; Laporte-Stones-Otamendi partnership should depend on the opposition and the tactics we're trying to employ. Particularly at this point, I don't think there is, or necessarily needs to be an absolute 'best' partnership.

This idea of rotation has been blown way out of proportion. We haven’t really rotated at all. Pep plays the best 11 effectively every game. I’m sure we’ll see Stones/Laporte many times in the future but for now Nico will not be rotated. He’s too consistent, vital, injury resistant and too effective for Pep to bench for the sake of rotating.

Let’s not forget Pep is a warrior. He wants to win everything first and foremost. Rotation and playing kids aren’t exactly the highest priorities.

Stones doesn't really play those balls though. Not regularly. Stones like to carry the ball out of the press and then once he has the opportunity for an easy ball, he takes it. Stones is the safest of the 3 of them in possession, taking fewer risks. Otamendi is incredible at breaking the press with riskier passes forwards, breaking lines and finding KDB or Silva quickly. He is a better passer than Stones. Takes more risks, but has the quality to do so. Laporte has more tools to break the press than both of them. He is incisive with forward passes into the spaces, he loves to carry the ball if there's no obvious pass. He also has that raking diagonal ball to the right to evade any pressure.

Don’t think we’ll see Stones and Laporte partnership too much this season, Otamendi and Laporte seemed to compliment each other well and of course tougher tests will come but very promising start. When Mendy is back I wonder whether all 3 will start with Walker and Mendy as wingbacks and two up top but then we’ll probably lose the width of Sane and Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.