Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

One of those days when all our players that are out suddenly take on legendary status especially Sane, Mendy and Jesus. The real Silva is a legend so his absence will always affect us. Sterling Stirling Sterland whatever the supporters like to call him missed a sitter, this is never a surprise to anyone who has seen him play but he has been great this season so you need to accept this fault he has or madness will follow. Gundogan was good Bernardo still flatters to deceive.

Poor quality in the last third costs us 2 points and Burnley were excellent. Fair result.

it never did andy cole any harm.... he's also a winger
But it did do us harm today, his movement is good but he’s not reliable in front of goal. I think long term we should use him as a squad player and look for an elite wide player in the same class as silva/KDB.

The team looked mentally tired in the second half and thankfully they have four days off now. I think injuries and fatigue will test us to the limit on the run-in. Winning the League Cup will give us momentum to get across the line. I honestly feel the CL will be a step too far this season. The dice are loaded in favour of the countries which get a winter break unless we do a Chelsea and win it luckily.

Arrogant, unprofessional performance.

And the most clueless post of the year winner is... this bellend!!

We’re clearly physically and mentally exhausted, we made a few sloppy passes, made a few poor decisions in possession and switched off occasionally but to say we were “arrogant and unprofessional” is just the biggest loads of bollocks.

I thought Gundogan had a terrible game today! He’s been really good recently but not sure I can agree with you on today’s performance.
Totally disagree - Gundogan looked calm in possession, played at least half a dozen passes directly into the stride of a teammate and was the one midfielder constantly arriving in the box late. Unlucky not to score - only gripe is he should have taken a left footed shot twice when trying to shift to his right which gave defenders time to block. Not the reason we didn't win - wasteful forwards today. Having said that, maybe it was a good thing as it will remind the squad that games need putting to bed, with the tougher games ahead Pep will make sure we are more ruthless.

His whole interview focused on two things. The side Sterling prefers to play on and his finishing. The two things that caused problems today.

It was either brilliantly incisive by Neville or it got to Raheem.

But they settled too much for 1-0 and that was a mistake today. They also for the first time finished a game second best and looked like the games had caught them up.

Truth is but for an amazing save they could have lost that game.

But this is why we are not going to win the league by a huge total in the way some are saying. It will be much closer. The season is long and we are starting to feel the effects of injury.

He HAS to play Sterling next week - though. He needs his confidence back. He should not have been taken off today as Sergio could have come off given his performance today and pushing Sterling in the middle to try to get the winner was the best thing he could do.

Good grief...he was taken off because he was utter pish, like he was at Liverpool a few weeks ago. Did Kun miss two open goals, one from about a foot out? What's with all this shit with poor little darling Rahim, poor little diddums...don't let all those nasty men and their loud shouting upset you.
"brilliantly incisive" from Neville which got to Sterling?...For goodness sake, if his confidence is so fragile that it can be upset by a prematch fun chat with a pundit then he shouldn't be anywhere near our 1st team.

I thought we played well but the one thing that did annoy the crap out of me was the amount of time we played in our own half passing to the keeper backward not forwards then we would give a sloppy ball away and start again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.