February 4th 2004...........Spurs 3 City 4

City_Shirts

One of the greatest comebacks of modern times as City recover from 3-0 down with ten men to beat Tottenham 4-3 at White Hart Lane. After going three behind in the first half and seeing Joey Barton dismissed for a second yellow at the break, the Blues seemed to be heading for defeat in the FA Cup fourth-round replay. Somehow, Kevin Keegan's side clawed their way back into the game and goals from Sylvain Distan, Paul B...osvelt made it 3-2 with just over ten minutes left. Then Shaun Wright-Phillips skipped through to level the scores before Jon Macken connected with Michael Tarnat's cross in the last minute to send the City fans wild and give the Blues a famous victory and passage into the fifth round. How many Blues on here were there and what are your memories of that night............The game has such a special meaning to me as my lad Harvey was fighting for his life at a near by London hospital, as he battled meningococcal septicaemia, a deadly form of meningitis, I'd barley left his side for almost two weeks, I had a ticket for the game and some friends had offered to pick me up from the hospital and drop me back afterwards, but I couldn't leave his side so decided not to go, I watched the scores flick up on my mobile(Nokia6410) phone and remember thinking to myself as the Spurs goals went it " Thanks City, you couldn't even give me a result to lighten the my mood". So what followed was simply fantastic, as it gave me a massive boost, Harvey then went on to stage his very own remarkable comeback as he made an almost full recovery, Despite amputations to his hands and feet he's the bubbly little character you see by my side on match days and more recently the TV too :-) . Thanks City :-)

Would love to hear Blues stories from this night.

One of the greatest comebacks of modern times as City recover from 3-0 down with ten men to beat Tottenham 4-3 at White Hart Lane. After going three behind in the first half and seeing Joey Barton dismissed for a second yellow at the break, the Blues seemed to be heading for defeat in the FA Cup fourth-round replay. Somehow, Kevin Keegan's side clawed their way back into the game and goals from Sylvain Distan, Paul B...osvelt made it 3-2 with just over ten minutes left. Then Shaun Wright-Phillips skipped through to level the scores before Jon Macken connected with Michael Tarnat's cross in the last minute to send the City fans wild and give the Blues a famous victory and passage into the fifth round. How many Blues on here were there and what are your memories of that night............The game has such a special meaning to me as my lad Harvey was fighting for his life at a near by London hospital, as he battled meningococcal septicaemia, a deadly form of meningitis, I'd barley left his side for almost two weeks, I had a ticket for the game and some friends had offered to pick me up from the hospital and drop me back afterwards, but I couldn't leave his side so decided not to go, I watched the scores flick up on my mobile(Nokia6410) phone and remember thinking to myself as the Spurs goals went it " Thanks City, you couldn't even give me a result to lighten the my mood". So what followed was simply fantastic, as it gave me a massive boost, Harvey then went on to stage his very own remarkable comeback as he made an almost full recovery, Despite amputations to his hands and feet he's the bubbly little character you see by my side on match days and more recently the TV too :-) . Thanks City :-)

Nice story CB. Don't forget we had also lost our main goal threat in Anelka, too.

My boss back then was a Spurs fan, I still remember the day after:-)

Great story pal, I remember the dibble opening the doors but not letting us out and spuds fans throwing stuff in at us, it kicked off everywhere after the game great night though

Arni Arason. What a performance.

In typical City style, after all that drama, we went out in the next round anyway!

Lovely story about your boy, and glad to hear he's doing well.

mine is nowhere nearly as significant as yours mate

never been so miserable for 89 minutes of a football, no celebrating for the first second or 3rd goals such was my disgust at the performance up to that point,but the 4th only matched in celebration by the aguero moment.

typified the ups and down of a city supporter

Nice story CB. Don't forget we had also lost our main goal threat in Anelka, too.

My boss back then was a Spurs fan, I still remember the day after:-)
My boss was and still is a spurs fan (of sorts)... he text me at half time and said never mind there’s always next year... obviously I responded with the same message at full time... he wasn’t in the best of moods for a while!

I was on a work trip to Paris and dragged two colleagues down to the Frog & Rosbif at the bottom of the Rue St Denis, to watch it. They had the “pleasure” of listening to me use language that would have embarrassed a sailor with an axe in his foot, for 45 minutes, and then running and jumping around the bar like a lunatic when Macken scored. I think the bar staff were mildly amused though....

Great story fella. Glad your little lad gave you a happy ending!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.