Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Not sure if it’s been mentioned or not, but for all the pre-match paranoia about how they’d kick lumps out of us, that clearly wasn’t the case. We were obviously the better team, but fair play to them for sticking in when they were up against it and getting a point. They fought hard but fair.
totally agree I don't mind physical as long as its in the laws of the game.burnley know what they are good at and do it very well.we deserved the win but if you don't take your chances you pay.i don't mind burnley

It’s not that people aren’t allowed to criticise. It’s the way some dicks round on legends almost with glee, treating them like something stuck to their shoes. Often prematurely, too. Like 3 or 4 years in Silva’s case. I’m sure some think it gives them gravitas to pick fault with players for whom any manager with savvy would bite your hand off.
I agree, some comments regarding legends like Sergio, Silva, ya ya and Komps are saddening. We should cherish those players and when the time is right for them to leave they should be afforded a great send off similar to Zabs, better still, a role within the club in a different capacity. They are the 1st generation of very high profile modern day City legends after all. Sergio needs a statue in my opinion. As for him carrying on, I'm sure Real Madrid would still buy him if they could and utilise him as an out and out goal scorer. Pep though demands a bit more, rightly or wrongly.

DVHeq0jW0AEYo-U

I think we really need to get some Mass on us this pre season. Bernardo looks like a lad who's passed out at Sunday league and his dad had to Come on and haul him off

Surely you're joking.
Pep doesn't want to play dominant football by outmuscling the opponent...

Btw, that's the right way to stop a superior player without injuring him and accepting a yellow.

Last edited:
Thought Ilkay was brilliant really finding his form now and BS was also good. All we needed was to score another with all those chances. Just wasnt to be. Frustrating.

Throughout our season when Sane has been off Sterling has been hot and when Sterling is a bit off Sane has been hot. Feb is going to be tough without Sane and Jesus. Sadly it also corresponds with our traditional shit month of February.

DVHeq0jW0AEYo-U

I think we really need to get some Mass on us this pre season. Bernardo looks like a lad who's passed out at Sunday league and his dad had to Come on and haul him off
At least when they decided to foul they rugby tackled our players rather than trying to end a player's season.

totally agree I don't mind physical as long as its in the laws of the game.burnley know what they are good at and do it very well.we deserved the win but if you don't take your chances you pay.i don't mind burnley
Burnley deserve credit for their performance. We battered them for most of the game but they came back off the ropes in the second half and got a deserved equaliser. They also played hard and fair unlike the thugs of Palace, West Brom, and Cardiff.

Still thoroughly pissed off with that result, although very happy with the performance as a whole. A lot's been said about our finishing. The Sterling miss is just one of those things. I would like to see us shoot more in them key areas though. If the shot doesn't go in then there's the chance of a rebound and so on. Hope these 4 days off refresh everybody ready for the next 3-4 weeks. The players have run their balls off lately and deserve a little break.

How many times yesterday did we come in from left and right without having a shot on goal. It frustrates simply because the build up is devastating a joy to watch but not clinical enough to score .You sensed as all the misses mounted up they would nick one . However i have only seen there goal once and i am not sure Eddie could have done better.. having said that he made 2-3 worldies to keep us in in it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.