Bereavement

Really sorry for your loss.

I lost my mum in 05 and my dad in 06 and I still think about them every day. On a practicle level don't rush back to work too early. I went back after 3 days with my mum and it was too soon. I left a bit longer after my dad and the extra time off helped a lot. 99.9999% of work places will help you so don't worry about having time off.

61Vg6-k2ytL._SX463_.jpg

Got it all backwards didn't he. People have had to say this shit to themselves cos the mortality rate is 100% The living are the dead in waiting. Guaranteed. Gone forever.

I hear this quite often. It's only the fact that they mean well that stops me punching their faces in.
Exactly mate.
I no you will have heard it a million times but every day it gets a tiny tiny bit easier.
Well it is for me.
But everyone is different.
Keep ur chin up blue

I'm starting this thread for anyone who is struggling after bereavement.

I lost my mum last night. She was 75. She was having breathing problems and was in hospital. She was all set for release but suddenly took a turn for the worst.

I think I've accepted it. Been crying lots but now feel numb. It doesn't seem real. Here one moment gone the next.
I'm glad I was there when she passed and that I said what I had to.

Been thinking about my childhood and everything my mum did for me. Of course I feel regretful for all the times I put her through grief. But she wasn't perfect, no one is.

Was reading this so much good advice.

https://support.sueryder.org/practical-emotional-advice/how-can-i-cope-bereavement

Lost my Mum 2 years ago today, she went in for routine surgery and they discoved cancer and she was gone within a week.Been to Gorton Cem today with some flowers. Her last wish was to be buried back in Manchester despite having lived in Sheffield since 1968.

Took me a year to not cry at the graveside when I went so you will get through it mate.Think about the positive times, dont dwell on what you could have said or done, no ones perfect.

I feel for the OP and really think the thread is one of the most worthwhile on off topic, my life seems to be littered with funerals, my mums side had a lethal history of heart disease, big family and the cause always seemed to be the same, Stroke, heart attack etc and it was kind of accepted bizarrely enough, however my Dad checked out when I was 16 and it was crushing he quided me into my profession bought me my first few season tickets it was bitter.

My mum died when I was 30, I had been working in the States got back on a Thursday first thing I always did was nip round to drop her off a piece of knickknack I had picked up for her, she had retired and had recently had a new hip, bright as a button pleased as punch to see me after 4/5 weeks, I went to see my maud and booked a rapid week in the sun got back home and my brother was on the step Mum had died about 3 hours after my visit. So 30 and both gone, my brother never got over it and as bad as it is seeing your parents go it was the biggest hammer blow when our kid drank and drugged himself into an early grave. That lad was responsible for most of my musical tastes.

Me? Well I never forget and every time we score I think of my dad, my mum invested a sensibility in me for sure and I know was proud of any of my meagre achievements but it is hard at times being the sole survivor of my immediate family, no in fact it’s grim but I have a smashing wife who when the other night I hit a dark mood knew exactly what was up.

Lost my dear mum 12 years ago, miss her everyday, when she died, so did the family unit, kept us all together.
5 days before she passed, had a " funny" feeling, threw a sickie at work and took her out for dinner to a nice pub, Boatyard Withins, a just outside Blackburn. Thinking back about it now, she must have had an inkling, talked about what I was to inherit.
We had a lovely time, hope she was thinking about it when she passed. Over 150 attended her funeral, a very popular and we'll liked lady.
You only have 1 mum, no matter had bad or whatever she is to you, treasure her and love her. Miss you mum xxx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.