Bereavement

Can’t say too much but I’m dreading the day. Last year I had my grandmother, 2 of my close uncles and an auntie die, only time we met the family was at the funeral :(

Blessed to have my parents here especially my dad after he overcame prostate cancer and was told he’s literally all gone in percentage

Ten years next weekend, on 50th Munich anniversary day, when I found my mum dead. Funnily enough I’d been v anxious but thought it was derby day nerves. Absolutely devastated, but with time I’ve realised how important it was for it to be me who found her, and how blessed she was that it was over v quickly. Still convinced she helped us out that day. Miss her terribly, and my dad, the reason I’m a blue, who died of cancer many years before her.
Thinking of you all in here who are struggling it’s a tough time, but the good memories come back eventually. We carry the memories on and make sure they’re not forgotten.

All my family think I am an hard hearted bastard, cry at nowt, show no emotion...but it comes to my mum, I cry heart out.......
Please, all those who fall out or whatever with your mum, go up to her and give her a great big hug n tell her you love her...
You will feel a lot better and it will help when their time does come.
I really shouldn't be on this topic, but felt I had to put something down in print....

I hear this quite often. It's only the fact that they mean well that stops me punching their faces in.

Mate I started this thread because my mum died on Monday I actually quite like the quote and it's stuff like that which though cheesy to some I find comforting.
Two years ago I told my mum I love you so much and I have cringed about it ever since but now I'm glad I did.

Not sure it was just my mum and dad but neither really ever told the three of us that they loved us growing up. I never had grounds to think that they didn't btw, it just wasn't vocalised.

Since having my children and my parents hearing me say it everyday and most nights before bed, I got round to saying it to my dad pretty regularly in the last couple of years. Once he even said it back! Only after he died and I told my siblings about this that they mentioned that theyd never heard Dad say it to them. Could almost see them kicking themselves. (And accepting that I was the favourite after all...)

Make the most of the time you have and say what needs to be said before it's too late for one of you to say it or the other one to hear it.xx

I had a dream visitation from my mum the other night. Apparently these are very common.

It was like she was in heaven, spoke to me like she was free of all worries.
It was quite an experience.

So sorry for you suffering the biggest loss you can suffer.
Lost mine Jan 82 and still miss her every day,and shed tears when i read losses like yours.
Take care mate.

I had a dream visitation from my mum the other night. Apparently these are very common.

It was like she was in heaven, spoke to me like she was free of all worries.
It was quite an experience.
I had similar a couple of months back,i cant remember the surroundings but she hugged me,and i actually felt her arms around me,i woke in tears.Probably the weirdest experience i have ever had,and the first time ive mentioned it to anyone.

I lost my dad at 13 and my mum had a scare when I was 23 although she’s still with us.

The more recent things I’ve experienced were the losses of people of my own age. Two went to cancer pre-30 and two to other problems in their early 30’s. It can hit home badly when they’re so young.

Good people rallying around to help those suffering can take the edge off things slightly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.