Do you really believe the league is over...?

the importance of beating Leicester is, IMO, more important than the table might suggest it is

You're spot on with that thought
We lose, the rags win and we're still 10 points ahead of them, but it would really start the nerves jangling
Win on Saturday and everything is bright and rosy with no league game for three weeks

Going off our terrible finishing i'd argue the league is nowhere near over. Leicester Arsenal Chelsea Everton United Spurs are all tough games. If our finishing isn't up to scratch i can see points being dropped in a number of these games. Poor finishing can become a habit, even top players go into slumps in form and can't hit a cow's backside with a banjo at times.

This sort of thing is all about concentration, focus, calmness... we are going to create the chances with the best midfield in the world but are our front men going to convert them? Well they will if they concentrate fully at all times and stay focused and calm. No flapping, no shutting your eyes when you're about to kick it into the net, no letting adrenaline overpower DHEA, no looking around to see where defenders are or starting to run off celebrating before kicking the ball into the net...

Just concentrate, focus and stay calm.

I'd also like to see the Edesron-Stones-Laporte partnership see out the season for us. Kompany, as good as he's been and still can be, and Otamendi, as much as he's improved this season, can both be big time flappers and dive in rashly. Get pre-injury Stones back playing with Laporte with Ederson behind them (they are going to be our back 3 for the next decade - they will be our Bouffon Chiellini and Bonucci) and we'll be unstoppable!

Going off our terrible finishing i'd argue the league is nowhere near over. Leicester Arsenal Chelsea Everton United Spurs are all tough games. If our finishing isn't up to scratch i can see points being dropped in a number of these games. Poor finishing can become a habit, even top players go into slumps in form and can't hit a cow's backside with a banjo at times.

This sort of thing is all about concentration, focus, calmness... we are going to create the chances with the best midfield in the world but are our front men going to convert them? Well they will if they concentrate fully at all times and stay focused and calm. No flapping, no shutting your eyes when you're about to kick it into the net, no letting adrenaline overpower DHEA, no looking around to see where defenders are or starting to run off celebrating before kicking the ball into the net...

Just concentrate, focus and stay calm.

I'd also like to see the Edesron-Stones-Laporte partnership see out the season for us. Kompany, as good as he's been and still can be, and Otamendi, as much as he's improved this season, can both be big time flappers and dive in rashly. Get pre-injury Stones back playing with Laporte with Ederson behind them (they are going to be our back 3 for the next decade - they will be our Bouffon Chiellini and Bonucci) and we'll be unstoppable!

I’d argue that Otamendi is just about the most consummately unflappable and comfortable in possession centre half in world football at the moment

Isn't football language strange ?. "Couldn't hit a Cow's arse with a banjo" - " our inability to hit a barn door"
Why is it Farm related.?
Anymore - anyone ?.............lol

Not sure what you've been watching. Otamendi has been the best defender in the world this season, and was comfortably our best defender last season too. That is backed up both statistically and from watching every game.

Laportes arrival might have worried Stones (it should), but Otamendi will play if he's fit in any and all remaining big games because he is rightfully our first choice. He is Guardiola's "superman".

50 years a City fan, so have experienced lot's of pain.

Born and breed Liverpool (whole family are reds) has also not been easy.

Hate both the scum and the dippers with equal passion.

Have read this whole thread (panicked) and just done something I am ashamed of but could not help myself.

Just had £50 on scum at Ladbrokes. Their "boost" feature increased the odds to 60/1.

£3,050 "comfort" if the worst should happen.

Please god, make sure I lose this £50.

50 years a City fan, so have experienced lot's of pain.

Born and breed Liverpool (whole family are reds) has also not been easy.

Hate both the scum and the dippers with equal passion.

Have read this whole thread (panicked) and just done something I am ashamed of but could not help myself.

Just had £50 on scum at Ladbrokes. Their "boost" feature increased the odds to 60/1.

£3,050 "comfort" if the worst should happen.

Please god, make sure I lose this £50.
I guarantee you have lost £50, we have lost 1 game and a dead rubber all season and some people think we're going to lose 5 of the last 12 get real.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.