Songs That Sum Up City For You

Ok, I know it got well overplayed thanks to that feckin' TV show. But back on it's release on their Escape album in 1981, this song became the anthem of the Blues that frequented the Phoenix/UMIST/Jilly's/Sporran rock clubs ..... and we never did stop believing.
CTWD

Did you ever read about a frog
Who dreamed of bein' a king
And then became one
Well except for the names
And a few other changes
If you talk about me
The story is the same one

I am I said . This verse

Ok, I know it got well overplayed thanks to that feckin' TV show. But back on it's release on their Escape album in 1981, this song became the anthem of the Blues that frequented the Phoenix/UMIST/Jilly's/Sporran rock clubs ..... and we never did stop believing.
CTWD

Phoenix, UMIST & Jilly's. That takes me back. Mainly the Phoenix for me. Terry was the DJ, Dave his understudy. Don't ever remember going to the sporran though

Phoenix, UMIST & Jilly's. That takes me back. Mainly the Phoenix for me. Terry was the DJ, Dave his understudy. Don't ever remember going to the sporran though

Sporran was usually Weds nights after the Phoenix ..... And occasional Sats after UMIST too.

Terry and Dave are still keeping it going .... for a few years now they do Phoenix Revisited, once a month upstairs at the Britons Protection pub. The DJ after them at the Phoenix, 'Fuck Off' Dave Morrissey manages Manc band Amplifier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.