Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Do we know if Delph will appeal?

On what grounds it was a red.

We can argue the rights or wrongs of previous decisions and it is disgraceful how some have been deemed a yellow, but that is a different conversation and in isolation it was not an obvious error.

When he did it I worried and when Taylor got his yellow card out I was relieved, obviously we all know what happened next.

The club do not handle this well, we need to come out on the offence ask the question in public what changed between Taylor writing Delph’s name on the back of the yellow card and issuing a red.

We can argue the rights or wrongs of previous decisions and it is disgraceful how some have been deemed a yellow, but that is a different conversation and in isolation it was not an obvious error.

When he did it I worried and when Taylor got his yellow card out I was relieved, obviously we all know what happened next.

The club do not handle this well, we need to come out on the offence ask the question in public what changed between Taylor writing Delph’s name on the back of the yellow card and issuing a red.

The only reason I can see for it being a red is that Delph left the floor just before he made the tackle and that might be deemed as being 'out of control'

If we ever hear anything as to why, which I very much doubt, it will be an insult to anyone's intelligence.

Worryingly slow is laporte. Hate slow centre halfs. It's all right having rapid full backs if the stay back but the whole system is geared towards them attacking so they ain't gonna cover much. It's left to ederson to sweep ,and he's damn good at it . system is far from perfect though especially when we lose the ball.

Thought it was just me, Laporte looks unfit?

He might be mint with a football but if he's caught square on (Vardy) or running back to his own goal, he's in big trouble due to a serious lack of pace.

It's even more pronounced at present because he is still settling in.

The return of Mendy could solve quite a few issues in terms of pace getting back in.

Seems strange to say what a miss he has been.

Pace hasn't generally concerned me simply because of Ederson. He defends more than his box and gives us the ability to defend high, even when Kompany plays (who has also lost a yard of pace)

I'm just genuinely surprised. I thought he was pretty quick but that last injury has got to him it would seem. Looking at him, he could lose a stone, potentially more.

In respect of Mendy I agree he is key. That said, if keep doing brain fart defending like last night all the pace in the world will matter not.

To be honest I didn't it was a foul.worthy of a booking considering he let the tackle on Kun go without a card as and that was a worse tackle.
But with that bent bastard Taylor in charge you know he will do whatever it takes to fuck us over

Yes it hurts to get beat by a league 1 team (understatement) but the FA cup was probably lowest on our radar at the moment.
League - 16 points clear
League Cup - Final
Champ's League - On the verge of last 8
Not bad so far (3 defeats, only one of which is terminal)
I hate this excuse. The FA cup is the 2nd most important competition.

Thought it was just me, Laporte looks unfit?

He might be mint with a football but if he's caught square on (Vardy) or running back to his own goal, he's in big trouble due to a serious lack of pace.

It's even more pronounced at present because he is still settling in.

The return of Mendy could solve quite a few issues in terms of pace getting back in.

Seems strange to say what a miss he has been.

Laporte was a panic signing, we'd essentially ran out of options in that position so we pulled the trigger and signed him. The panic was there when we decided to do this deal at the end of January.

You're spot on about needing another forward as Bernardo hinders us from wide was we need dynamism there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.