Arsenal (a) pre-match thread (Game given go ahead 1350hrs)

Arsenal v City prediction

• Win

Votes: 273 70.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 86 22.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 27 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's unlikely to play as he's the 4th choice CB imo.

As amazing as Otamendi has been this season, Kompany is still the best centre back at the club, an unpopular view on here I think but probably a view shared by Pep hence his selection on Sunday and against Basel. He shouldn’t play on Thursday though because his body can’t cope with more than 1 game a week.

Ederson
Danilo
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko
Gundogan
KDB
Silva
Bernardo
Raheem
Kun

3 changes at the back? That makes no sense to me. Personally I would play the same back four. Kompany looked ok to me at the end.

Arsenal will be demoralised if they see the same side. (With the exception of Bravo and Fernandinho)

They will almost be beaten before they start.

3 changes at the back? That makes no sense to me. Personally I would play the same back four. Kompany looked ok to me at the end.

Arsenal will be demoralised if they see the same side. (With the exception of Bravo and Fernandinho)

Agree Kompany should start, I feel sometimes extended breaks between matches for a player prone to injuries maybe doesn't help.
There is no substitute for game time and training can't replace it,if Kompany is to get injured again we will just have to deal with it,perhaps regular match time is the best thing he can get.

Not so sure myself. I'll be gobsmacked if we see a similar Arse performance on Thursday, regardless of what team we put out. I cannot see anything other than a very tough game and whilst 3 points would be superb, a draw would be more than acceptable.

If you try to stop a goal scoring opportunity where the attacker is through clear, even if you fail, could you be sent off post-goal?

Just sayin'
Pretty sure the referee cannot play advantage if he intends to send someone off. If there's going to be a red card- including a second yellow- play has to stop there and then. At least, I've never seen it done any other way.

Pretty sure the referee cannot play advantage if he intends to send someone off. If there's going to be a red card- including a second yellow- play has to stop there and then. At least, I've never seen it done any other way.

The referee can send of a player after a goal is scored just isn’t really recommended as it causes more problems than its worth, same as if half time or full time is blown at a corner etc

Arsenal will look to play a similar way so same team for me with sterling in for ferny and de bruyne central. Ederson in goal.

Make changes for Basel not for the next 2 league games. Win these next two and we can start to prioritise the CL over the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.