Todays Pitch Invasion. City v Swansea

Please merge if necessary

The last 2 times we have won it has been on the last day at home and so uderstandadly had pitch invasions (even if it is a hold up and I don't do it).

So if we do win it early will people leave it alone this time and let the players celebrate?

Especially if we did win it on Derby day I don't think it would be help full and in light of them wigan clowns the other week.

I hope we don't tbh we have done it already.

Easier said that done mate if it happens at the derby you know there's gonna be some daft f*ckers wanting to rub the rags noses in it.

Different scenario to the last two times - this title win is inevitable, it's going to happen and we've all known that for weeks. The two prior to this were more spontaneous and emotional, hence the pitch invasions. I'm SSL1 and if we win I personally won't go on the pitch. Even if we do, it won't interrupt the trophy display which will be on the final home game of the season.

The reason you often get opposition fans goaded, with the potential for trouble, in pitch invasions is that, fundamentally they are shit and pretty boring.

Having been involved in them myself and seeing plenty of others, people get excited by the "Look at me" rebellious aspect of being somewhere that they think they shouldn't be.

But if you actually watch what happens, people race to the middle, try to mob a player before they come off, jump around for 30 seconds or so and then rapidly realise that being on the pitch is pretty fucking shit.

There's nothing to do, you aren't with your mates, there's nothing to watch and it is all a bit of an anti climax after the initial 30 seconds.

That's why dicks quickly turn their attention to the opposition fans, trying to show off to the stands or trying to get a chase off the stewards.

There's nothing happening whilst you are on there and nothing will happen until you get off but people font want to go on and get off After a minute so they cause trouble or hang around on there doing nothing for the next 5 minutes, looking pretty bored.

After the initial 30 seconds it's either people looking for trouble or people hanging about not wanting to admit that being on the pitch is actually boring as fuck after the initial short excitement.

I' not sure where people get this 'it's a city tradition' from either. Ask 1000 football fans which club is associated with a pitch invasion tradition and barely any would say city. Even barely any blues would say city. It has happened at every club occasionally. There are thousands of things 'more City.

I also hope that when we win the league that there will not be a pitch invasion, this is just plain stupid. All these fans want is to be seen on the TV so that they can be famous for 10secs or so. The club should do their best to find out who they are, and warn them that if they do it again they will be getting a life time ban from all city games, just maybe that will stop it from happening.

If it was good enough for Newcastle 68, Charlton 85, Bradford 89, Wigan 99, Birmingham and Blackburn 2000, QPR 2012, & West Ham 2014 then it's good enough for City 2018.

But we couldn't possibly have a bit spontaneity enthusiasm on show at the Etihad it might spoil the matchday experience. If we win it at home or away I fully expect us to celebrate in the traditional fashion.

Anyone know how easy it is to venture over the hoardings at the NSC Olimpiyskyi Stadium?

I went on in 68, if someone kindly supplies me with a pair of stepladders to get over the wall... I'm on there.
Please let it be against the scum.

If it was good enough for Newcastle 68, Charlton 85, Bradford 89, Wigan 99, Birmingham and Blackburn 2000, QPR 2012, & West Ham 2014 then it's good enough for City 2018.

But we couldn't possibly have a bit spontaneity enthusiasm on show at the Etihad it might spoil the matchday experience. If we win it at home or away I fully expect us to celebrate in the traditional fashion.

Anyone know how easy it is to venture over the hoardings at the NSC Olimpiyskyi Stadium?
When we win the league this year though spontaneity won't come into it, we all know it's happening it's just a matter of which game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.