Seeing Stars at City

Saw Andrew Lloyd Webber going into Wembley, it was before either the rags semi final or Stoke final, can't quite remember. Obviously he was going into the posh bit, and I wasn't .

Cain Dingle and John Stapleton at Maine Road, like many others.

Cain Dingle used to drink in Clynes Pub at the top of Stretford Road before games

Also had the misfortune of being in the Barleycorn Pub in West Didsbury when Alex Higgins and Phil Lynott were on a session

Being from Chorlton also saw Curly Watts and the rag twat Hutchence a few times

Also ex rag Darren Fletcher asked me where the toilets were in Trafford Centre ;)

Another sighting of Cain Dingle from me too. He was sat behind me away at Charlton in probably the early 2000's. I actually saw Nick Leeson at the same game who kind of counts as a star I suppose!

The actor who played Billy Boswell in Bread travelled all over in the late 80's / early 90's.
We played at Plough Lane one game and were at the Wimbledon underground station (which was actually overground) and Chelsea played at home and a load of Chelsea fans piled off the other platform, saw him and chanted ''one Billy Boswell, there's only one Billy Boswell''

Once bumped into (literally) Rick Wakeman outside the Main Stand at Maine Road.

The last time we beat Chelsea 1-0 at home was a Saturday evening game. Tevez scored a breakaway goal IIRC.

Anyway, I parked in the time on the car park behind the east stand and as Im getting out of the car, who should be getting out of the car next to me but Phil Neville. He was still at Everton at the time who were playing the next day. I didn't waste any breath on him but was highly amused by what my lad put as his Facebook status later:

"Can't believe I missed the opportunity to shit on Phil Neville's car".

That's my boy :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.