Laporte
Delph
Gundogan
Silva
Foden
Sterling
Sane
Jesus
Really like the look of that team and I think it's quite likely tbh.

A lots been said about what City team will start, but what about Basle? I've a feeling they won't go full strength with the tie being 4-0 already.

GUNDOGAN: The Champions League is always important, it doesn’t matter how the first leg went. We want to play in a very serious way and we want to play in our way and that’s what it is all about.
GUNDOGAN: We are still on a journey, we are not where we want to be but we are happy with where we are at the moment but there is still a lot of potential and a lot more to achieve.

PEP: We must be focused at not make any mistakes against Basel, it’s a Champions League game and the Champions League is something special. In football, anything is possible but we have to be calm and focused on what we have to do

PEP: We are delighted to have @PhilFoden with us but he is still 17 years old and he’s a young guy but of course we are so happy with him and we have a lot of confidence with him, but maybe he will play tomorrow. We will decide on the line-up tomorrow.

PEP: John is an extraordinary player. What he has done has shown me that. Now we have four excellent defenders. They all have to be ready and they all have to be prepared. There is no doubt about John’s ability to play in the team

GUNDOGAN: The Champions League is always important, it doesn’t matter how the first leg went. We want to play in a very serious way and we want to play in our way and that’s what it is all about.
GUNDOGAN: We are still on a journey, we are not where we want to be but we are happy with where we are at the moment but there is still a lot of potential and a lot more to achieve.

PEP: We must be focused at not make any mistakes against Basel, it’s a Champions League game and the Champions League is something special. In football, anything is possible but we have to be calm and focused on what we have to do

PEP: We are delighted to have @PhilFoden with us but he is still 17 years old and he’s a young guy but of course we are so happy with him and we have a lot of confidence with him, but maybe he will play tomorrow. We will decide on the line-up tomorrow.

PEP: John is an extraordinary player. What he has done has shown me that. Now we have four excellent defenders. They all have to be ready and they all have to be prepared. There is no doubt about John’s ability to play in the team
So Stones, Foden, and Gundogan will all be starting then, it wouldn't surprise me if Bravo starts either.

Pep sounds like Stones will play, Fernandinho and Sterling not quite ready, but ok for Stoke,
Foden gets minutes but not from the start, IMO.
I think we start quite a strong team, but we will control the level of intensity and go for a nice win.

Pep takes perfect care that the team keeps going the winning way. The momentum has to go on, too much rotation might disrupt the flow. And what can be better for the lads than winning...

Humble comments about the PL title, although it's nearly done. Very well.

CL is much more difficult and Pep rightly stresses that City is not yet on a Barca level to keep the pressure low.
He is doing everything right.
We will have some great CL matches ahead. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.