Seeing Stars at City

I met David Threlfall ( Frank Gallagher from Shameless) at Wembley League Cup Final against Sunderland. Nice bloke

Sat behind John Wardle at one of the local away games (Wigan/Blackburn/Bolton - can't remember which one) a few years ago and sat behind Mike Pickering at West Ham. Had Nicky Weaver in front of me in the queue at Fulham. Sat a couple of seats away from Noel Gallagher at Reading. Had a chat to Sir Howard Davies (RBS Chairman) outside Ewood Park before an FA Cup tie and sat behind Sir Howard Bernstein at Everton in 2014.

When I was working in London & couldn't get back for midweek games, a group of us watched them in a pub and Kevin Kennedy used to arrange his nights off from the theatre to join us.

Last edited:
Sat next to liam Gallagher at main road once. Can't remember what game it was but he was a miserable sod :)

Wembley final, Stoke I think, or could’ve been Sunderland, I was walking up some stairs and saw Lee Westwood walking down the same stairs.

“It’s Lee Westwood” I said to no one in particular, louder than I should’ve done.

“You’re right” he replied.

I was stumped.....he carried on walking.

End of story.

we were having pints in wembely before the Sunderland game I think, look to my left and Shaun Goater and Uwe Rösler are stood by my side, stayed for a pint and a few chats with surrounding fans too

Sat next to liam Gallagher at main road once. Can't remember what game it was but he was a miserable sod :)
I bumped into him in the toilets at Maine Road (in the corporate/fancy bit) - think it was a home game against Crystal Palace, 1-0 courtesy of Horlock. He asked me if I was enjoying the game; I was a bit starstruck and taken aback, so I've no idea if I actually answered him.

I also sat just to the side behind Curly Watts (whatever the guy's real name is), might have been Wycombe away. Absolutely pissed it down with rain and we lost, if I recall correctly. He seemed to go the whole game unnoticed/undisturbed until about the 89th minute when someone shouted 'Curly' in that Raquel voice. Had the face of a man who had been hearing that his whole professional life and thought he'd finally avoided it for once.

The Algarve's Chorlton.
Was he going on about his kids? Has become a right boring bstard.
Was a bit weird. Came in the first week with his older kids who played while he watched the game before being taken out by his mum and sister. Then the next week he was in with his new girlfriend and baby. Spent most of his time on the laptop. Got the impression his new girlfriend also worked with him.

Nick Campbell, (Billy, not Rick), had to change his acting name to Nick Conway (I think). Good cross country runner
He lived just around the corner from me in Cheadle Hulme back in the 1970s. There was already a Nick Campbell in Equity so he became Nick Conway for professional purposes.

Liam Gallagher would definitely be one of those people who shout "STERLING YOU'RE FUCKING SHIT!" whenever Sterling gets the ball and doesn't do anything...5 minutes before he scores his 20th goal of the season to win the game or something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.