Basel (H) Post Match Thread

Not the best performance but hey ho players rested and on to the last 8. 4 to go and another cup awesome come on CTID

Proof if ever was needed that to have any chance of winning this fucking thing, our first 11 needs to be on the pitch fit and firing because 90% of the rest of them are average players. Stones days are numbered at city now and I think he knows it, he's had plenty of time to get his shit together,looked like he had turned the corner pre Christmas , sadly that has been a false dawn. Bravo never makes a fkn save, its unreal when you think about it. The 2 youngsters along with sane and Bernard can be exempt from criticism, they rest need a good fkn kick up the arse. I Still see nothing from Jesus to suggest he'll ever scale the heights that Kun has. Disappointing night.

Stones was injured for a while and is just coming back into the side, he'll be ok with more games.

No-one could blame Bravo for the goals, pretty much point blank shots, our sloppy passing and shit defending left him exposed.

It was a disappointing performance, but still a good night that we're through.

If your best player criteria is mazy runs to nowhere in particular with no final ball, you are absolutely correct.

Yes, he looks like the COULD be a player, as does Foden, as does Tosin, as does Zinchenko, as does Stones, as does Laporte, as does Jesus, as does Sané, as does Sterling. Not bad for a bunch of kids, in football terms!

He is full of vim and Igor in his cameos. One wonders if he can keep up the speed and rhythm for 90 minutes against men. Maybe we will get to see in the last games of the season?
At least he was trying to create something when he came on. He was one of a very few players that actually looked like he didn't want to lose

Thought we would win. With all the changes though you never know.

Madrid or Barca next for us i think. UEFA would love a clasico final. Anyone that can upset the apple cart will have to go out ASAP.

I would love to know what Pep said to the players before the match as there was so little urgency, for all the moaning it may be that Pep has said to the team to go out retain possession not to worry about anything other than getting through to the next round without any injuries or suspensions. How would we feel if we had gone at it 100% tonight and say Sane pulled a hammy and Jesus and Bernardo picked up injuries.

I found it quite telling that none of our big hitters on the bench were called for as there was no need, in the cold light of day tonight was a success and we achieved our objective.

Into the next round, no injuries, no suspensions, we have managed to give much needed breaks to Aguero, KDB, Otto and Silva while giving valuable minutes to Foden, Diaz and Stones.

We go again on Monday with pretty much a full strength squad and then have a nice break before we play again.

The big picture is what counts.

Comments post match are spot on

That was a shambles and has taken the gloss off our double winning season

This place has gone to the dogs..

It was fucking garbage. And the players should be ashamed of their performance. And this is the place to say so.

but the only thing which takes the gloss of anything is those fucking ****s in the ground booing it

I feel no kinship for any **** which did that, the season we are having.

I'm growing to dislike a decent number of City fans.

Well, apart from the experience a group of young players got, and the good run out against a half way decent team, and 90 minutes int9 the legs of the likes of our two CBs, Foden, Jesus, I guess you’re right...no positive take aways from a dead rubber CL game.

Thank god we haven’t lost too many games this season, otherwise the Manchester Suicide Hotline would be overwhelmed.

Pep will use this as an excellent teaching moment, which is what it was. Nobody likes to lose, but when you can play all your squad players, get good minutes into some very young youngsters in a Champions League Round of 16 game, you HAVE TO see positives.

Put it this way...Spurs only needed to draw less than 2-2, they put out their absolute best team, and couldn’t pull it off. We just strolled into the CL QF (top 8 teams in Europe) with 9 changes to the team.

Context is everything.
You are, of course, absolutely right, but Jeez it was hard to watch. If you were looking for entertainment tonight just wasn't the night. I think the commentator said at one stage that City fans have become accustomed to being entertained. Oh well, these always Stoke on a cold March Monday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.