Crib Goch

oman0115

who’s done this part of Snowdon? Seen some videos on YouTube and it looks terrifying, but equally something I’d like to do. I do have a slight issue with heights tho

Climbed Snowdon a few years ago and there was a helicopter hovering over Crib Goch, two hikers had fallen off and unfortunately perished. Certainly not to be done in bad weather or without experience.

Done it loads of times. It really needs good weather to appreciate the views. The pinnacles are quite exposed, and depending when you go, it can get busy (which is not ideal for a knife edge ridge).

Once you are committed, there is no real way to back out; you just have to go for it. It isn't a hugely technical scramble by any means, but you do need to keep your wits about you, Make sure you wear suitable footwear. I did a job up near their once where a young lad met a very messy end (got disorientated in the clag and slipped whilst climbing down - he was wearing running shoes).

Thousands of people do it every year without issue, so I wouldn't worry. As long as you are prepared, and have the right kit, you will be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.