Groundhopping

How does it work with old stadiums?

I’ve watched City at every current Premier League location, plus the Dell, Leeds Road, Withdean, Goldstone, Highbury, Victoria Ground etc (in fact every possible location apart from the Vetch)

Off the top of my head, I’ve also seen us at Ayresome Park, Roker Park, Baseball Ground, Burnden Park, Plough Lane, Fellows Park,

I count those grounds in my overall total (Burnden Park, Springfield Park, Maine Road! etc), but I don't include them in the count for the 92.

maine road and the Etihad, oh and the city of Manchester stadium that's 3

You could have 5! Have you been to the Acadamy or before it the athletics pitch next door to the Etihad? I know they are not PL but by association ??

I shall probably be visiting on the 25th May, one of the better grounds/locations to visit as an away fan.

My last game was last season against Shamrock Rovers. Great craic, was refreshing to see both sets of fans being able to drink together and have a laugh in the extremely dated and cramped "bar". For those not in the know, the bar is pretty much a disused changing room. Obviously you will get arseholes anywhere, but over here i've found that Irish football fans find the tribalism of English football a bit alien. I tell stories to colleagues at work that they just can't compute.

My last game was last season against Shamrock Rovers. Great craic, was refreshing to see both sets of fans being able to drink together and have a laugh in the extremely dated and cramped "bar". For those not in the know, the bar is pretty much a disused changing room. Obviously you will get arseholes anywhere, but over here i've found that Irish football fans find the tribalism of English football a bit alien. I tell stories to colleagues at work that they just can't compute.
There's always bother at Drogheda v Dundalk games and any game between a few of the Dublin clubs, the clubs from the rest of the country are in big GAA areas and wouldn't understand behaviour like that.

I have seen City play against 93 league clubs away from home in england
It's even more if you count the teams that now have new grounds (18)
This includes teams who have now dropped out of the league.

Last edited:
I have done 83 grounds in total. Cant beat the feeling of going in a new stadium for the first time. Still lots of iconic stadiums I want to visit. A great hobby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.