Kodi/SPMC

Calling all tech Gurus.

I'm currently running an iptv service, through Kodi, on an Android box. I use a VPN and for the most part it all works well (bully for me, eh).

I'm now looking to make the process a little more user friendly, as I'm moving in with a Luddite who's not going to appreciate the convoluted process I currently have in place.

So I need:

- Router to run the VPN on.
- Device to run IPTV on. Doesn't need to utilise Kodi for this part, I can keep that separate on my Android box.
- Also I could do with a solid IPTV provider as the one I currently use seems a touch amateurish.

Basically, I want to allow a user to turn on the device and BANG, instant TV nirvana.

In anticipation of a flurry responses, i'd like to thank you all for your help.

Long live Gerard Wiekens

just purchased a new laptop and am looking to get a vpn (suggestions welcome) and run kodi / spmc
can someone explain how I do this. thanks

Calling all tech Gurus.

I'm currently running an iptv service, through Kodi, on an Android box. I use a VPN and for the most part it all works well (bully for me, eh).

I'm now looking to make the process a little more user friendly, as I'm moving in with a Luddite who's not going to appreciate the convoluted process I currently have in place.

So I need:

- Device to run IPTV on. Doesn't need to utilise Kodi for this part, I can keep that separate on my Android box.
- Also I could do with a solid IPTV provider as the one I currently use seems a touch amateurish.

Basically, I want to allow a user to turn on the device and BANG, instant TV nirvana.

Long live Gerard Wiekens

Whats your budget on the router and different box mate

Whats your budget on the router and different box mate

I'd say £150 - £200 for both if possible. The router doesn't need to be mind blowingly good, in fact, I'd be happy with the performance level of my current talk talk router, but it won't accommodate a vpn. Alternatively, if you know a box capable of running a vpn at base level, so without having to sign in/activate it each time I log in, that'd be just as good. (I use IPVanish, if that helps).

I suppose what I'm asking is, if you were looking to set up a unit to run in such a way that it comes close to the interface and ease of a sky/bt box, how would you go about it. I know you're never going to get that, but to come close would be nice.

Also, I think a recommendation for a good quality iptv provider is just as important, as I've noticed that on high demand TV shows/sports the current provider I use has issues. Necro IPTV is what I'm currently on.

Thanks for replying.

Calling all tech Gurus.

So I need:

Long live Gerard Wiekens
I picked up a linksys ea8500 for £80 on eBay last year. Runs openvpn at 50mbps (probably capable of more) running kong firmware.

Damn recording feature, i suppose a good look at mythtv can't do any harm later when i have some free time.

Also boss Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.2160p.UHD.BluRay.x265-EMERALD is about at 31GB

Yes it's impressive as it's all done on the box, I hear good things about TV headend for a backend server as well
Wonder why that's 31GB as opposed to the other release which was about 60 odd GB?

I'd say £150 - £200 for both if possible. The router doesn't need to be mind blowingly good, in fact, I'd be happy with the performance level of my current talk talk router, but it won't accommodate a vpn. Alternatively, if you know a box capable of running a vpn at base level, so without having to sign in/activate it each time I log in, that'd be just as good. (I use IPVanish, if that helps).

I suppose what I'm asking is, if you were looking to set up a unit to run in such a way that it comes close to the interface and ease of a sky/bt box, how would you go about it. I know you're never going to get that, but to come close would be nice.

Also, I think a recommendation for a good quality iptv provider is just as important, as I've noticed that on high demand TV shows/sports the current provider I use has issues. Necro IPTV is what I'm currently on.

Thanks for replying.
Do you have a pc that's always on by any chance? If so then there's a way that you could use it as a middleman between your box and your IPTV service, this would allow you to record, rewind, pause and also just leave the VPN on permanently erasing the need for a router

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.