Ant and Wreck.....

He is the one who is always on the left as you look at the screen/photograph. Not entirely sure if it is contractual, but I once heard that they insist on being shot thus. Clear lines of division. It does seem ironic that someone prone to fussing over such banalities would be less stringent when it came to observing the lines up a road, but hey ho.

Thoughts with the families.

Don’t they stand alphabetically on screen

And there should be as long as we start banning: drivers who flick through their radio stations (this is something I do and I know from experience that I’m a worse driver doing this than if I’ve got a tiny bit of alcohol in my system from the night before); drivers who chat to their passengers; drivers who have only got one hand on the steering wheel; drivers who are following a sat-nav; drivers who have tyres below a certain tread depth; drivers who go 1mph over the speed limit; drivers who have never done a theory test; drivers who have got 1 question wrong on their theory test; drivers who got a minor on their practical test.

None of what you ranted about above compares to having a drink and knowing this getting in a car and going for a drive. In fact, all of the above is drivel. Utter drivel. How do you know if you are 1mph over the limit? A lot of cars don't have digital readouts...etc etc.

If you drink and drive you deserve a ban. If you repeat you deserve jail. If you injure someone whilst driving under the influence you should also go to jail. Honestly, the old excuse of I haven't had a drop since last night officer, wears a little thin these days. You knew you were driving in the morning so why drink heavily the night before? Personal responsibility.

None of what you ranted about above compares to having a drink and knowing this getting in a car and going for a drive. In fact, all of the above is drivel. Utter drivel. How do you know if you are 1mph over the limit? A lot of cars don't have digital readouts...etc etc.

If you drink and drive you deserve a ban. If you repeat you deserve jail. If you injure someone whilst driving under the influence you should also go to jail. Honestly, the old excuse of I haven't had a drop since last night officer, wears a little thin these days. You knew you were driving in the morning so why drink heavily the night before? Personal responsibility.

So where do you stand on the other things I've mentioned that impair your ability to drive? Driving ban for each one?

Well after 2 pints of regular lager most people are over the limit.

So a ban would be automatic.

Quite rightly.

So where do you stand on the other things I've mentioned that impair your ability to drive? Driving ban for each one?

What other things? Fiddling with a radio? Knock yourself out...if you crash then it's your fault. You will probably be done for reckless driving or something similar if anyone else is injured. Or just leave it alone. That's down to you. As is the rest. You are an adult. Knock yourself out. None of it is illegal.

Drink driving is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.