How much did Paul Dickov cost us?

In terms of the adrenalin rush, nothing will ever top that moment. The most mental celebration I've ever been involved in, bordering on the celestial. The Agueroooooo goal had a higher profile, but the tension by that point, fuelled by the ramifications of the rags lording it over us on an unimaginable scale, had reached a level whereby my overwhelming emotion was one of pure relief
I bet. I never went to that game. Never even tried for a ticket. Didn't have a season card in those days, was always quite easy to get a ticket or pay on the gate. I didn't go to Wembley as my youngest was 3 and we didn't have the cash as a family on one wage.

I recall many games that season were all ticket, the worse the club sank in stature, the more galvanised and ardent we became.it kind of bonded us more than ever before IMO.

There were a whole team of players cheaper than him in 98/99 who contributed more, he was not cheap.

Made a thread a couple of weeks or so ago,"Dickov's or Aguero's".....wondered what the thoughts were on here....tough decision.
Yes, tough one. They were both defining moments or goals but I doubt we would have had Aguero’s without Dickov’s. I wasn’t at the QPR game but the celebration after he equalised was like nothing on earth. I remember the train journey home....it was really quiet as if we were all emotionally drained. As for Dickov he definitely wasn’t the greatest but he was a trier and got his reward

Yes, tough one. They were both defining moments or goals but I doubt we would have had Aguero’s without Dickov’s. I wasn’t at the QPR game but the celebration after he equalised was like nothing on earth. I remember the train journey home....it was really quiet as if we were all emotionally drained. As for Dickov he definitely wasn’t the greatest but he was a trier and got his reward
He was a nuisance.

In terms of the adrenalin rush, nothing will ever top that moment. The most mental celebration I've ever been involved in, bordering on the celestial. The Agueroooooo goal had a higher profile, but the tension by that point, fuelled by the ramifications of the rags lording it over us on an unimaginable scale, had reached a level whereby my overwhelming emotion was one of pure relief
Funnily enough my emotions were precisely the other way round - huge relief at the Dickov equaliser keeping us in the game as I was seriously worried that if we didn't get out of that division at the first go we might be there for years and mental celebration at the Agueroooo goal for the end of 44 long years waiting for us to win the title again!

It wouldn't have made any difference without Super Kev getting us on the map with his 90th minute goal that day, let's not forget he also scored his penalty whereas Dickov missed his... Love Dickov but I think Kev Horlocks contribution that day is overlooked by many Blues.

The original Super Kev! Just like Kun's goal would've been meaningless without Zabs and Dzeko's goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.