Swansea at home April 22nd 16:30 - is it confirmed ?

I know with the amounts TV companies pay that they expect to have their way, but is it too much to ask them to schedule TV fixtures for teams still involved in the CL in March and April for slots on a Saturday? Then no change is needed irrespective of whether CL games take place on a Tuesday or a Wednesday. (Of course, it evidently is too much to ask).

EDIT - This post lay as a draft for ages while I responded to a work email and @lancs blue has made exactly the same point above but much more concisely.

It would, but it's possible that the Sat lunchtime slot wasn't available that weekend as it's the FA Cup semfinals - I don't know for certain that it couldn't be used. Spurs were due to play on the Friday night i think, and that has now been cancelled. Two games on the Sunday will be spoiling against the Sunday semifinal.

The scheduling is dumb, but Sky took every City match in April. They won't let go of the rights, and pretty much have crossed their fingers in hope.

Nope not confirmed depends if we make the champs league semi final and if so the 1st leg is 24/25th April so will revert back to Saturday if we're drawn to play on the Tuesday
And no chance of that. My mate Is a Liverpool fan and he has already bought his ticket for the semi final home leg as the scousers have put them on sale early, given they are so much better than us (won it 5 times in case you didn't know)

Sky are fvcking idiots. Nobody’s interested in watching city v Swansea on telly

Not idiots ... clever, as far as their business heads are concerned ...

The couldn’t have been sure when we’d be winning the title and they waned to ensure they have that game ... would be costly for them to take footage off BT of us lifting trophy and run it all over summer on their news channel and into the next season in various promos etc. And we had Arsenal Arsenal Chelsea in that run and then Everton CL QF Derby CL QF Spurs as well so it could’ve been any game in April that we got to the magic no. and they didn’t want to chance it so picked every single of our games!

Not idiots ... clever, as far as their business heads are concerned ...

The couldn’t have been sure when we’d be winning the title and they waned to ensure they have that game ... would be costly for them to take footage off BT of us lifting trophy and run it all over summer on their news channel and into the next season in various promos etc. And we had Arsenal Arsenal Chelsea in that run and then Everton CL QF Derby CL QF Spurs as well so it could’ve been any game in April that we got to the magic no. and they didn’t want to chance it so picked every single of our games!
It still could ;-)

And no chance of that. My mate Is a Liverpool fan and he has already bought his ticket for the semi final home leg as the scousers have put them on sale early, given they are so much better than us (won it 5 times in case you didn't know)

I didn't know that. Surprised they don't make more of it.

Chelsea v Southampton semi is Sun 3pm
Rags v Spurs Saturday 5.15pm

I suppose we can still remain 4.30 Sunday or switch to Saturday lunchtime depending on our CL progression...

Chelsea v Southampton semi is Sun 3pm
Rags v Spurs Saturday 5.15pm

I suppose we can still remain 4.30 Sunday or switch to Saturday lunchtime depending on our CL progression...

If we've already won it I can see it reverting back to 3pm Saturday and not on TV if we progress in champs league

The only 3 games NOT yet chosen for TV are Everton v Newcastle, Stoke v Burnley & Watford v Palace. All dross. A good reason to keep us in the broadcast frame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.