CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Depends who plays at Everton. Bernardo has been very good recently and could see him starting if Raz starts at Goodison.

Sterling to come off the bench and score the winner. Imagine.

Depends who plays at Everton. Bernardo has been very good recently and could see him starting if Raz starts at Goodison.

Sterling to come off the bench and score the winner. Imagine.
I'd love that to happen. I would start Bernardo as his form has been great and with ball retention being key at their place he will keep hold of it better. Them first 10-15 mins the crowd and players are pumped, last two years someone has gone hard on Sterling early and threw him off his game. If he came on in the second half when it has died down a little it might allow him to play his own game.

Liverpool are so vulnerable to the long ball though - as proven an Old Toilet last week so I expect at least a couple to be delivered.

Agreed.

Pep will adapt and know that at Anfield we can’t just consistently play out of the back. Not in a CL knockout game.

We will play out if we can but I am pretty sure the primary instructions to the likes of Ederson, Nico and Vinny will be to chip it over the Liverpool press to either the wingers or CF and just play for the 2nd balls.

As stated above. Pep did this with Bayern against Klopp’s Dortmund.

I'd love that to happen. I would start Bernardo as his form has been great and with ball retention being key at their place he will keep hold of it better. Them first 10-15 mins the crowd and players are pumped, last two years someone has gone hard on Sterling early and threw him off his game. If he came on in the second half when it has died down a little it might allow him to play his own game.

Exactly this.

Most Bluemooners probably saw this last year but I've managed to persuade the publisher to make some of my articles on the early years of Manchester football free to download until after the Qtr Final. The reason I'm posting them here is because we're going to get lots of 'City have no history' type abuse at the LFC games and the Manchester derby and these help to explain that City's success played a key part in establishing Manchester as a footballing city. It'd be worth quoting/tweeting the link to any Red (either club) who says we have no history etc. Anyway, here's the first about 1904 and how it established Manchester as a footballing city: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14660970.2014.961378 and here's another which talks about Josh Parlby - the visionary who created a club for Manchester: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09523367.2015.1055727?src=recsys. The more these are downloaded the better the chance the articles will lead on to other research etc. Thanks as always.

Unsung hero - shame that your talent is wasted on many of the hordes.

Had an email saying my window was open to purchase my ticket for the home game but then when I try my season card seat isn’t available? How the hell is that allowed to happen?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.